Humble First Timer Shacklet

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmakopp

viking396

pharmakopp said:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l306/dharmadawg/shack.jpg

Pro-528 and Pro-97 routed to Sony mobile speakers as well as my laptop (being recorded with Scanner Recorder). Both are connected to Radio Shack Magnet Mount Mobile Scanner Antennas unless I'm out and about, in which case the Pro-97 is with me with a rubber antenna.

It ain't much, but it's home.

I am brand spanking new to scanning....if people have advice, I'm all ears.

Ya gotta start somewhere! Good start, good luck with the scanning hobby, I'll lay odds it expands into Ham Radio sooner than you think. :)

xpawel15x

Yes very nice start for a beginner... I am a Radioshack handheld man as well. Where do you have the magnet antennas mounted to?

pharmakopp

They're both inside (Condo, no antennas etc allowed on the outskirts of the building) stuck to metal mounts I've installed by the window.

xpawel15x

pharmakopp said:
They're both inside (Condo, no antennas etc allowed on the outskirts of the building) stuck to metal mounts I've installed by the window.

Awesome.. I also live in an apartment but I have suction cup mounts on my window with duckies like the RS800mhz, that's the best I can do right now. I see you have an even better set up. Would be cool so see a picture of your antenna set-up..

bezking

I like it! How's the 528 working for ya?
I got it early in it's release and it is a great radio for me because there is no P25 Digital where I live.

pharmakopp

Thanks guys!

Bezking- 528 is working out great, except for one thing: keep trying to program a Motorola Type II trunk (Massachusetts State Police) in and for some reason it ain't working right. I can do EDACS fine, and I got the MSP trunk into the other scanner perfectly fine. Just take some time and fiddling, I suppose.

W4TF

Nice start and I agree, I bet u'd be goin to Amateur Radio in no time also :)

ps - nice Om/Aum

73's
Vishnu, K4VKS

pharmakopp

Thanks!

And hey if I had the money I'm sure I'd be into amateur radio too....as it is I am about flat broke at this point. Probably shouldn't have even gotten the scanners!

W4TF

Actually $ is not an issue for most as you can get ure license free from the FCC, theres just a small test fee when u site take the exam... i don't remember how much but I'm pretty sure it was less than $20.

Then if you don't have the $ to buy a conventional radio, u can get on the air via EchoLink's website. As long as u have a internet ready pc with a soundcard and mic ure good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.