Sentinel: Humboldt County, CA - City Ambulance

N6HBJ

Hello
I want to add the City Ambulance channels in Humboldt County, CA to my Uniden SDS-200. I see the frequencies in the Radio Reference database but cannot locate them in the Sentinel program so that I can add them to my scanner. I have searched under "county" and all the fire and ems lists as well as some statewide and national lists. Does anyone know how to find them in the Sentinel software?

Thanks

Mike

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
City Ambulance of Eureka? Would they operate where listed below or are they a private company? Might want to click "Report" and ask the "powers that be" for this thread to be relocated to the California Discussion Forum if you can't get an answer here...

Eureka​

Fire - Humboldt Bay Fire
FrequencyInputLicenseTypeToneAlpha TagDescriptionModeTag
462.975467.975WXB963BM85.4 PLEureka EMSEMS DispatchFMEMS Dispatch
152.360WPUS392B192.8 PLEMS PagingEMS PagingFMEMS Dispatch

N6HBJ

City Ambulance of Eureka? Would they operate where listed below or are they a private company? Might want to click "Report" and ask the "powers that be" for this thread to be relocated to the California Discussion Forum if you can't get an answer here...

Eureka​

Fire - Humboldt Bay Fire
FrequencyInputLicenseTypeToneAlpha TagDescriptionModeTag
462.975467.975WXB963BM85.4 PLEureka EMSEMS DispatchFMEMS Dispatch
152.360WPUS392B192.8 PLEMS PagingEMS PagingFMEMS Dispatch
They are a private company.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I tried to look but you never posted Eureka in your post, if that is the angeny you are seeking.

Generally, when one says they see something in RR and can't find it in Sentinel, and are asked for a link, a link to the county page showing the agency is what being asked.

The link you posted is whats called an FRN or FCC Registration Number. While FRN's are able to be viewed on Radio Reference, not all freqs listed on them will be in the database available for download into a scanner. Freqs that one has confirmed and submitted will be available for download. That's not to say that they are not all active, but rather just not verified and or submitted so they won't be listed on the county pages.

N6HBJ

I tried to look but you never posted Eureka in your post, if that is the angeny you are seeking.

Generally, when one says they see something in RR and can't find it in Sentinel, and are asked for a link, a link to the county page showing the agency is what being asked.

The link you posted is whats called an FRN or FCC Registration Number. While FRN's are able to be viewed on Radio Reference, not all freqs listed on them will be in the database available for download into a scanner. Freqs that one has confirmed and submitted will be available for download. That's not to say that they are not all active, but rather just not verified and or submitted so they won't be listed on the county pages.
Yes it is City Ambulance Eureka. I can't find it on the County page.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If its not listed on the county page, and they are not operating on someones trunked system, and the info has not been submitted, then it will not be in Sentinel.

Since you say its not the one @Whiskey3JMC posted,
1715859534764.png

then your best bet is to try the rest of the freqs listed on the license.
1715859806850.png

1715859915054.png

N6HBJ

If its not listed on the county page, and they are not operating on someones trunked system, and the info has not been submitted, then it will not be in Sentinel.

Since you say its not the one @Whiskey3JMC posted,
View attachment 162236

then your best bet is to try the rest of the freqs listed on the license.
View attachment 162237

View attachment 162238
I have those two frequencies programmed but I don't hear anything. Since it's a county-wide system I would think I should be able to hear them. I'm only about 15 minutes from the nearest ambulance station. So I figured maybe some of the other frequencies might be used.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
EMS Dispatch is turned on by default. In the Menu...Select Service Type, confirm they are set to ON.

I corrected it...LOL!

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Next time you close to one of their buses, try to see what antennas they have. Possible they jumped on a trunked system and have not been discovered yet.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I have those two frequencies programmed but I don't hear anything.
EMS Dispatch and EMS Paging Service Types are not turned on by default. In the Menu...Select Service Types, confirm they are set to ON.
If you're scanning a favorites list containing these frequencies then yes the applicable service types will need to be enabled for the scanner to stop on these channels when there is traffic. However you can still do a channel hold (press HOLD then enter frequency and press HOLD again) on any given frequency while its service type is disabled and traffic will still come through as long as there is traffic & you're held on the frequency. Turning a service type off or on will only influence its inclusion or exclusion in a scan. If you're not hearing anything while held on frequency then either you're out of range of they're not operating on frequency & in that case try the remaining frequencies on the license as Dave suggested to you in Post #9

dmfalk

I just registered so I could reply, as I'm also in Humboldt County (Eureka, specifically), and also an owner of an SDS unit (SDS100, with all of the upgrades).

Just for clarification, City Ambulance of Eureka is not only the ambulance service, but they also operate City Cab, as well, but the licensee is still City Ambulance. EMS services are still FM, unencrypted, just make sure the service type is turned on. As for their taxi operations, these are NXDN. I haven't scoped out all their authorised frequencies, but I haven't discovered any to be encrypted, yet.

(FYI, while most of the digital activity in Humboldt County is P25, there are some DMR and NXDN, with only state, federal and commercial activity being on trunked systems. Local activity is primarily individual radios. Digital is still new here, with most activity being analogue.)

N6HBJ

I just registered so I could reply, as I'm also in Humboldt County (Eureka, specifically), and also an owner of an SDS unit (SDS100, with all of the upgrades).

Just for clarification, City Ambulance of Eureka is not only the ambulance service, but they also operate City Cab, as well, but the licensee is still City Ambulance. EMS services are still FM, unencrypted, just make sure the service type is turned on. As for their taxi operations, these are NXDN. I haven't scoped out all their authorised frequencies, but I haven't discovered any to be encrypted, yet.

(FYI, while most of the digital activity in Humboldt County is P25, there are some DMR and NXDN, with only state, federal and commercial activity being on trunked systems. Local activity is primarily individual radios. Digital is still new here, with most activity being analogue.)
Under "Select Service Type" I already have the "EMS Dispatch" turned on. (I hear the Sheriff and Fortuna PD on the other system). But do you hear City Ambulance from Eureka and if you do, what frequency does your lock on when you hear them?