Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest Wiki Page

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
I'm in the process of updating the Humboldt-Toiyabe, NV Wiki article. It will be a substantial edit in order to cover the highlights of the information I have. It may take a few days. I may, or may not, include a list of the repeaters and all the tones. This national forest uses 4 frequency pairs for 7 different nets with 32 repeaters. That is a level of detail I may not be able to cover. It all depends on the validity of the 6-7 year old repeater information I have. If anyone has comments I would like to hear from people, once I get the initial round of edits completed, like I say, in a few days or week. Please do not edit with your own information until I finish this initial round of editing. It may get awfully complicated if you do. I would like to get this linked to the California national forest page eventually as over 630,000 acres of this national forest are located in California.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the process of updating the Humboldt-Toiyabe, NV Wiki article. It will be a substantial edit in order to cover the highlights of the information I have. It may take a few days. I may, or may not, include a list of the repeaters and all the tones. This national forest uses 4 frequency pairs for 7 different nets with 32 repeaters. That is a level of detail I may not be able to cover. It all depends on the validity of the 6-7 year old repeater information I have. If anyone has comments I would like to hear from people, once I get the initial round of edits completed, like I say, in a few days or week. Please do not edit with your own information until I finish this initial round of editing. It may get awfully complicated if you do. I would like to get this linked to the California national forest page eventually as over 630,000 acres of this national forest are located in California.
Thanks for taking on this project, which I appreciate, is a big task.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber

I should add that I included repeater information that instead of being 7 year old information was actually 2020 and 2022 information. Given that some of the repeaters are in remote locations it was a bit challenging to give a short description of the location.

com501

Wait till Spring when USFS refarms their frequencies for the upcoming season (again). Joy never ceases.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
I have no idea what you are talking about. Now that they are compliant with the 2019 directive on the VHF High band allocations there should be no changes for a long time. The VHF-AM frequencies are what change more often, but that is due to the FAA. FAA authorizations are made annually. Before narrow banding took place and the reallocations in the VHF High band I know that some national forests kept their frequencies for 40 years. Without another directive of some sort I only see forests going digital on the same frequencies they now have. I get directories for a couple of Forest Service regions each year and following this 2019 directive shuffle they are pretty much staying the same year after year. As an example, I moved away from New Mexico 41 years ago. The Gila National Forest is using the same frequencies on the output of their repeaters that they had during the 6 years I was there, or at least 47 years. They had to get new inputs to comply with the 2019 directive, but kept the outputs.