Hunt County Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I provide a feed for Hunt, Grayson, Fannin & Lamar Counties in Texas and Bryan County OK. My Hunt feed includes; Hunt Co. Sheriff, Hunt County Fire (Except EMS because those are dedicated Patient reporting channels) Greenville Fire, Commerce Police and Fire and West Tawakoni fire.

I now see a new feed has been added however its showing offline which is titled: Hunt County Fire & EMS.

Was there a mistake and is my feed being canned?

I plan (or had planned) to Add Greenville PD, Grayson Co. Law and DPS back to the feed when My Pro-106 finds its way home from the Radio Shack service center.

Thanks

Last edited:

richtidd

Database Admin
I provide a feed for Hunt, Grayson, Fannin & Lamar Counties in Texas and Bryan County OK. My Hunt feed includes; Hunt Co. Sheriff, Hunt County Fire (Except EMS because those are dedicated Patient reporting channels) Greenville Fire, Commerce Police and Fire and West Tawakoni fire.

I now see a new feed has been added however its showing offline which is titled: Hunt County Fire & EMS.

Was there a mistake and is my feed being canned?

I plan (or had planned) to Add Greenville PD, Grayson Co. Law and DPS back to the feed when My Pro-106 finds its way home from the Radio Shack service center.

Thanks

Your feed is not being canned.

As you list, your feed says this:
Texoma Law Enforcement and Fire Protection
and covers police and fire in five counties, several cities in two states: TX & OK.
This feed was created on 2009-11-05 14:57:16

The Hunt County Fire & EMS is only Fire & EMS in Hunt county TX.
This feed was created on 2009-10-27 23:18:38

We avoid exact duplicated feeds.

Since the feeds cover different counties, cities, agencies, states etc, they are not duplicate feeds.

Your feed covers a wide area & the other feed covers a focused area.
The other feed was created before your feed.

There should be no problem adding to your feed.
You would do that via a feed change request.

Hope this answers your question.

SCPD

QRT
Yep, thanks - it answers it.

I never really looked at Hunt Co. itself so I never saw that there was a feed covering that Co. until last night. I also see that it is listed as "Offline" If you want to contact that feed provider and he/she want to provide Hunt Co. I will surrender that portion of it on my feed. When the 106 gets out of the shop I will be adding to my feed so I could discontinue Hunt Co.

I have no problem working with other providers, Just wanted to be sure I wasn't being canned - thanks.

richtidd

Database Admin
Yep, thanks - it answers it.

I never really looked at Hunt Co. itself so I never saw that there was a feed covering that Co. until last night. I also see that it is listed as "Offline" If you want to contact that feed provider and he/she want to provide Hunt Co. I will surrender that portion of it on my feed. When the 106 gets out of the shop I will be adding to my feed so I could discontinue Hunt Co.

I have no problem working with other providers, Just wanted to be sure I wasn't being canned - thanks.

The other feed has only been offline since yesterday morning according to the log.

No need to contact anyone at this time.

I see no need to make changes to your feed unless you want to.

It is up to you but I see no need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.