Huntersville Police Dept moving to CMPD Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwalshjr

Premium Subscriber
Davidson Police Department (not Davison College Police) joined CMPD dispatch a couple of years ago after leaving North Mecklenburg Communications. They are currently dispatched on the CMPD North Division talk group. A good guess is that Huntersville Police will be dispatched on that Talk Group too.

trumpetman

Database Admin
That's really going to add a workload to the dispatchers, they already patch University, North, & Davidson PD together on a regular basis; adding another department is going to be that much more busy. Rumor has it, districts/divisions will be realigned before the year is out. North & South are looking at expanding and splitting into new, smaller districts. We'll have to see it turns out.

sdancy

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.254 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Agree. Not to mention Huntersville alone will call for a very busy dispatch. The old town it used to be is turning into city like. Nothing like listening to a hometown where you know nearlly every area police are being dispatched to, not to mention you recongnize the voices over the radio! Keep me posted with any updates. Thx guys!!

Last edited:

nwalshjr

Premium Subscriber
The Huntersville PD units are now being dispatched off the CMPD North Division talkgroup. I have been listening to them this evening on the Analog System. I am also listening to them the P25 system (listed as 1627 Davidson Police Department - Patched w/ CMPD North). While I am hearing activity on the P25 system for other CMPD talkgroups, the North Division talkgroup seems to be silent right now.

Soundman

Is Huntersville now didital only or can we still lison to them on Analog.I did find them on 1627 p25 but I would like to still hear them on Analog if thy are still there .Thy did say thy have a conf channal .But I could not find it .Thanks for your help guys

trumpetman

Database Admin
They're on both for right now, they'll be completely analog in about a month and there won't be any more analog traffic on the North channel, so enjoy it while you can. They're also still probably using their own conference channel, but it wouldn't hurt to scan UNIV & NORTH CONF channels too.

Hope you're making progress with that multi-path issue.

Soundman

The new dispatchers sucks .I miss the other people . :( I don't here any huntersville on the analog or do I have the wrong channles in .

Soundman

I found something out huntersville analog is not on 8912 thy are on 26035 I did a search today after getting pissed with the stupped digital system .

trumpetman

Database Admin
26032 is Davidson Police 1, which is patched to CMPD North (8912). Since it is patched, and on a Motorola Type II system, a status bit of 3 is added to the base talkgroup to signify to other radios that it is patched.

Therefore 26032 + Status Bit of 3 = 26035.

I advise you listen to the analog side while you can and tweak the settings on the digital side slowly to find what works best before the imminent cutover in about a week.

Over the past few weeks, Davidson & North have been patched nearly 24/7, so as long as you're scanning one of those two talkgroups, you'll hear Huntersville PD as 92 series units.

Status
Not open for further replies.