Hunting frequencies in Lincoln County

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjrjr507

Hi All

Here is the main hunting frequencies I found so far heard in Lincoln County. Usually around pipe creek area and other places.

157.5600 Mhz Nfm PL 225.7 Hunters Ch 1
157.7400 MHz Nfm CSQ Hunters
159.7650 MHz Nfm CSQ Hunters with dogs
151.6850 MHz Nfm PL 146.2 Cougar Hunters

If I find any other frequencies will post it here.
Heard this morning that someone had a tomcat; "cougar" up a tree.
They also chase bobcats. but not very often.
Have fun listening to these dudes. Can get interesting at times.

SCPD

QRT
I would suggest scanning all the VHF Marine band frequencies. There seems to be a sort of "word of mouth" trend among some hunters that VHF Marine handhelds aren't all that expensive, have higher power than FRS/GMRS and very few people listen to the frequencies in inland areas. These hunters are savvy enough to know not to use these frequencies near large bodies of water such as the Great Lakes and ocean coasts.

Of course this is illegal, but the hunters figure they are out in the boonies and who is going to know?

cjrjr507

VHF Marine band

I would suggest scanning all the VHF Marine band frequencies. There seems to be a sort of "word of mouth" trend among some hunters that VHF Marine handhelds aren't all that expensive, have higher power than FRS/GMRS and very few people listen to the frequencies in inland areas. These hunters are savvy enough to know not to use these frequencies near large bodies of water such as the Great Lakes and ocean coasts.

Of course this is illegal, but the hunters figure they are out in the boonies and who is going to know?

Hi Exsmokey.2144200

Yeah, I know about the marine band. Listen to it sometimes. Mostly truckers on those channels around here in libby from missoula and god knows where from. Have not heard any hunters on it yet. Probably know better to use it. I think a lot of the logging truck drivers around here are the hunters. Heard the hunters this morning on snowmobiles. One hunter had 3 dogs in a small trailer and 1 dog on his lap riding a snowmobile. Bet that was hilarious. They were around blue mountain somewhere.

cjrjr507

Here is an updated list of cougar hunting frequencies for the lincoln county area with 3 new frequencies found.

channel 1 157.5600 C225.7
channel 2 157.7400 CSQ
channel 3 151.6850 , called the Wagner channel
channel 4 150.5550 C107.2

and 159.7650 mhz, 151.6250 C131.8, 158.4000 C131.8 in use.
If anyone has hunting frequencies in flathead county please feel free to add them here.

talkpair

These hunters are savvy enough to know not to use these (maritime) frequencies near large bodies of water such as the Great Lakes and ocean coasts.
....But not savvy enough to realize that the maritime frequencies are being used by public safety in other areas.

Missouri and Montana both use maritime frequencies on their statewide P25 networks. The mobiles using the maritime frequencies typically use the 157 Mhz channels for repeater input on those networks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.