Hunting Island / Beaufort SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

drayd48

I'm going down to vacation on Hunting Island SC this whole next week and have some questions.

What are some good Coast Guard / Military frequencies to listen on?
What are other good marine channels to listen on?
I saw from going down there many times before that the State Park Rangers have radios, so I listen to the 453.7250 frequency as given in the database and heard nothing on it for several days of listening in the past. Does anyone know what the rangers use to talk (conventional, Palmetto 800 / P25) and the frequencies / talkgroups?
Is all of Beaufort county fire dispatched (except HHI) on 154.3550? Is everything from the P25 system also simulcasted over to that frequency?
Has Beaufort county (and all Highway Patrol and state works) shut down the old 3600 800 system and moved to the Palmetto P25 system already?
Is the EMS channel encrypted?

Thanks for all the help

ecps92

United States Coast Guard - The RadioReference Wiki

I'm going down to vacation on Hunting Island SC this whole next week and have some questions.

What are some good Coast Guard / Military frequencies to listen on?
What are other good marine channels to listen on?
I saw from going down there many times before that the State Park Rangers have radios, so I listen to the 453.7250 frequency as given in the database and heard nothing on it for several days of listening in the past. Does anyone know what the rangers use to talk (conventional, Palmetto 800 / P25) and the frequencies / talkgroups?
Is all of Beaufort county fire dispatched (except HHI) on 154.3550? Is everything from the P25 system also simulcasted over to that frequency?
Has Beaufort county (and all Highway Patrol and state works) shut down the old 3600 800 system and moved to the Palmetto P25 system already?
Is the EMS channel encrypted?

Thanks for all the help

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Hunting Island State Park rangers on 453.725 are using DMR. I believe it's Color Code 1 but I don't know that for sure.

Most of your other questions are answered in the other thread.

As of today, Palmetto 800 is still operating in 3600 bps control channel, Motorola Mixed mode,. That's to change within in the next week in some parts of the state. Troop 6, which includes Charleston and Beaufort, was to be first in the transition with Troop 5 switching next week. So you may find that Palmetto 800 switches while you're at the coast next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.