Hunting out new and exciting frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb_lonny

This is a "how to" guide I have put together. Any feedback on it would be great before I publish it online.

Paul

Attachments

• Hunting out new and exciting frequencies_2016.pdf
    111.8 KB · Views: 289

slicerwizard

Well, large parts of the rest of the world are littered with conventional and trunked NXDN and DMR systems. Running Close Call on a scanner ain't gonna cut it.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Well, large parts of the rest of the world are littered with conventional and trunked NXDN and DMR systems. Running Close Call on a scanner ain't gonna cut it.

Close Call / Signal Sweeper / Signal stalker works great..I highly recommend it for finding new frequencies. Service search is your friend too.

Good writeup OP!

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Search...search...and search some more. That's the answer. That's the method we've been using for decades and it works. :wink: 73, n9zas

ecps92

Many Country's also continue to use Low Band for (and it can be [at times] heard world wide)
Business and Public Safety in addition to Defense (Military)
SEE http://forums.radioreference.com/skip-tropospheric-ducting-forum/328109-2016-vhf-low-band-logs.html

25 -50MHz: low power transmitters, 27MHz CB, cordless phones (not
recommended), some older types of baby monitors, defence communications.

This is a "how to" guide I have put together. Any feedback on it would be great before I publish it online.

Paul

ecps92

Add a link (since this is for Tasmania) to your Countries Band Plans or official Search (equi of the USA FCC) License Agency

Paul

S

sovereign06

Software Defined Radio can help as it can see in real time.

slicerwizard

Even to get the input frequencies of what system they are using?
Close Call may not work for TDMA transmissions like DMR, but yes, it will work for most other digital modes. It doesn't tell you who they are, since you won't be decoding any voice traffic.

An SDR / DSD+ setup out in the parking lot gets you the frequencies and their contents. It doesn't have Close Call's range limitation.

pb_lonny

Close Call may not work for TDMA transmissions like DMR, but yes, it will work for most other digital modes. It doesn't tell you who they are, since you won't be decoding any voice traffic.

An SDR / DSD+ setup out in the parking lot gets you the frequencies and their contents. It doesn't have Close Call's range limitation.

Thanks for the feedback, I have never looked in to SDR's at all so might need to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.