Huntingdon County Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Greetings:

I will be visiting Entriken, Pennsylvania, in Huntingdon County, this coming 4th of July weekend. Other than the eight frequencies listed in the database here for that county, can someone suggest other freqs to monitor?

Also, anyone know of some two meter repeaters that I would be able to hit from Entriken?

Thanks.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
About all I know about Huntingdon County is that the Sheriff's Office is one of the few "local" entities in PA to sign up for the state's OpenSky system. I'm not sure if they're using it or not, yet. However, they are listed on the official list of system users so they will be on it someday.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Huntingdon County

Sounds like you will be at Lake Raystown for the holiday. The frequencies listed in the database are current. You will also want to listen to PSP on the following:

154.665 Base
158.910 Mobile
155.460 Tac 1
151.490 Tac 2
155.755 Mobile to Mobile

Pa Fish and Boat Commission will be more than likely active on 44.96 and 44.88. It's also my understanding that there is an active US Coast Guard Aux floatilla on the lake but I have no clue as to there frequency. The US Army Corp of Engineers and Park Rangers will also be active, I can not locate my notes for them but do remember they are in the 160 mhz range and should be easy to search out.

As for two meter activity Huntingdon's local repeater is on 146.700, you should be able to access Blue Knob repeater on 147.150 pl 167.9

I think I'd give Marine Channel 16 158.600 a try also, the lake will be very busy as long as the weather holds out.

SCPD

QRT
Raystown

Yes indeed. I will be in Raystown Resort this coming weekend. And I may pack some life preservers. And not for the boats. Looks to be a wet weekend. Family from Michigan and family from Deleware will be converging halfway at Raystown.

Thanks for the freqs. I'll program 'em in the PRO-96 tomorrow at work (Eh, I gotta have something to do at work :)

I'll try those two repeaters you mentioned also. Sounds like the one repeater is on high ground. Listen for me if you are close enough.

SCPD

QRT
Druhe:

Thanks for the freqs. The trip went well. The Fish and Game freqs you gave me were active. Never heard anything on Marine radio. Couldn't raise no one on the two repeaters you gave me. They were both full strength on the hand held I had. County freqs not very active, even though more than once, I could hear sirens going up and down State Road 994 by us, with no radio activity.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Wyandotte,

I'm glad to see some of the information worked out. I haven't been to Raystown in a number of years so my information is not as current as it should be. I think the state frequencies are the most active in Huntingdon County, and they're probably not that busy either. As for marine activity I just took a guess at that, I figured with the size of the lake and the amount of boat traffic maybe it would be used. Amateur activity, I have no answer for that, I think the same thing happens to every ham at one time or another, I know it does for me.

Thanks you checking back in and letting us know

Status
Not open for further replies.