Lifeguard (AQUA) TG's

CW 44800 AQUA-2 Common
??? 44832 AQUA-3 Common
SW 47200 AQUA-1 Huntington Beach
CW 47232 AQUA-1 Laguna Beach
SO 47264 AQUA-1 Newport Beach
SO 47296 AQUA-1 San Clemente
SW 47328 AQUA-1 Seal Beach
SW 47360 AQUA-1 County (US Ocean Safety, Inc.)

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=201

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Hey Mick.

I can confirm that Aqua-3 is on the CWD Cell and can you confirm that Laguna Lifeguards are on the Countywide Cell? This seems odd, since that cell provides no coverage in Laguna. I also show that USOS is on the South Cell.
Also, would you happen to know what the freq is for Aqua-TA???

Thanks.

Markb said:
Hey Mick.

I can confirm that Aqua-3 is on the CWD Cell and can you confirm that Laguna Lifeguards are on the Countywide Cell? This seems odd, since that cell provides no coverage in Laguna. I also show that USOS is on the South Cell.
Also, would you happen to know what the freq is for Aqua-TA???

Thanks.

Laguna City Lifeguards (Station 55) are on the Laguna cell.

AQUA-2 can be found on the CWD cell, same as AQUA-3.

Last edited:

monitor142

A few things to remember here. The County of Orange system is SmartZone. It is not used very heavily but certain t/g's are enabled on multiple cells. Laguna Aqua 1 is in fact on Laguna and Countywide. Laguna Fire 5-H is on Laguna and South for coverage outside the city on Laguna Canyon Road. It's all a matter of what is programmed in the Zone switch. Other t/g's on the Countywide are SmartZone t/g's such as the OC RDMD Silvers but the Countywide cell seems to serve them well.

BC

ctadam12

So, is the Red channel on the LAGUNA cell? Are you sure you can't hear the CWD cell in Laguna? I thought they had a CWD site there. FCC shows they have a site in the area...

Last edited:
I have been away since 2004, so I cant know if there have been any changes since then. Yes, you can hear CWD and SOU sometimes in some parts of the city of Laguna but to my knowledge there are no CWD sites in the Laguna area. Dont forget though that there is also a Moorhead (single site) cell which covers parts of Laguna and the Canyon.

One thing is that Laguna units are going to be affiliated on the LAG cell for the most part, so they wont generally be on CWD or any other cell unless they change talkgroups or lose LAG covereage from their location. The LAG sites are all pretty low lying, and cant be high enough to be heard out of the area since the frquencies are duplicated elsewhere. RED is provided for them on the LAG cell, but that only affects the PD anyway.

Last edited:

Mick

I can't explain it but I was hearing station 55 from noon to about 5:00 PM on the Countywide cell. I was not close enough to hear if they simulcast on other sites.

I have been away since 2004, so I cant know if there have been any changes since then. Yes, you can hear CWD and SOU sometimes in some parts of the city of Laguna but to my knowledge there are no CWD sites in the Laguna area. Dont forget though that there is also a Moorhead (single site) cell which covers parts of Laguna and the Canyon.

One thing is that Laguna units are going to be affiliated on the LAG cell for the most part, so they wont generally be on CWD or any other cell unless they change talkgroups or lose LAG covereage from their location. The LAG sites are all pretty low lying, and cant be high enough to be heard out of the area since the frquencies are duplicated elsewhere. RED is provided for them on the LAG cell, but that only affects the PD anyway.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I caught LAB Lifeguards on Trunker on the CWD cell also. I don't ever recall seeing this until recently.....

I was inquiring earlier in the thread about Aqua-TA. That is separate from the State Parks stuff. According to the OC radio manual, tactical communications are supposed to go to Aqua-TA first if they move off of their individual Aqua TG. Aqua 2 and 3 are further down on the priority list.
I am on a mission to find out what some of the other TA channels are (besides the fire and CLEMARS stuff), but it's not going so well :(
I was watching some lifeguard show on TV that showcased HB and I heard them switch to Aqua-TA so the guard in tower 0 (HB Pier) could ID some suspects for the guys on the beach a short distance away, so I know they use it. Hopefully I can get down to the beach this summer and see if I get any close call hits. Plus I'm trying to monitor a slew of licensed frequencies that have no publicly known use, AFAIK, so we'll see where that leads...........

Status
Not open for further replies.