Huntington PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
Has Huntington PD totally switched to the WVIRP? I had noticed their analog frequencies were marked as depreciated by RR a few day's ago.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
That's a good question. On 3-22 I received (and worked) a submission that stated:

All Huntington PD conventional channels you have listed. They are exclusively on the WV SIRN and no longer use any of the listed channels. You have their talk group listed correctly under the SIRN database.

For reference, they don't own the conventional channels you have listed anymore. They belong to a local radio shop. They have acquired 453.350 for use as a fallback on conventional, but don't have the infrastructure up yet.

One more thing, TAC ops and SWAT are run off of the SRIN as well.

So, according to the submitter, HPD is 100% on SIRN -- except for a fallback freq of 453.35 conventional which apparently they do not have operational yet.

If you [or anyone else] discovers [current] evidence to the contrary, please submit your findings.

Thanks,

Mike

K4OM

Premium Subscriber
453.350 in use?

2 (2) 016 (10) Huntington Cabell 453.35000a 460.13750c 460.41250 460.43750a 460.63750

That freq is in use for the SIRN site in Huntington.
Will that work?

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber

2 (2) 016 (10) Huntington Cabell 453.35000a 460.13750c 460.41250 460.43750a 460.63750

That freq is in use for the SIRN site in Huntington.
Will that work?

The last time I was in that area 453.3500 was being used as the control channel for that site. I don't see how they could use it with the continuous data stream from that SIRN Site?

That's a very good question indeed

73s

Chad

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I guess it could mean that they got approval to operate on 453.35 conventionally in the event that whole specific site was down. My understanding is that if a controller goes out and there is nothing to control trunking, radios could actually communicate on one or more of the frequencies in repeated mode sans a controller. So, there would be full operation, site trunking (no connectivity to the SIRN network), or total loss of trunking [but still have individual repeaters available and specific radios set up in a way tht the radios are designated a repeater frequency where they could still operate conventionally.

Remember, all of the radios transmit a NAC. And each frequency actively part of the site is a repeater. So if all trunking mechanisms fail, there is the possiblity of still using each of those frequency pairs in a repeated mode, and that each repeater [when not actively part of the trunked system] would respond to transmissions with that NAC on the input by retransmitting the audio on the output just like any normal repeater.

Mike

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
I guess it could mean that they got approval to operate on 453.35 conventionally in the event that whole specific site was down. My understanding is that if a controller goes out and there is nothing to control trunking, radios could actually communicate on one or more of the frequencies in repeated mode sans a controller. So, there would be full operation, site trunking (no connectivity to the SIRN network), or total loss of trunking [but still have individual repeaters available and specific radios set up in a way tht the radios are designated a repeater frequency where they could still operate conventionally.

Remember, all of the radios transmit a NAC. And each frequency actively part of the site is a repeater. So if all trunking mechanisms fail, there is the possiblity of still using each of those frequency pairs in a repeated mode, and that each repeater [when not actively part of the trunked system] would respond to transmissions with that NAC on the input by retransmitting the audio on the output just like any normal repeater.

Mike

Hey Mike

Thanks for clarifying that. It makes better sense now. It's nice to know that the SIRN system can function conventionally if need be due to a site failure.

73s

Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.