"Huntress" inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
I have got two "Huntress" freqs from my "Police Call" book. I find dozens upon dozens upon doznes on line.

If anyone would have the VHF as well as the UHF freqs for "Huntress / Norad" I would like to have them please. I live in west central West Virginia.

Tactical / fighter wings in the WV area would also be appreciated.

Confirmed / non-confirmed nets...it does not make any difference. Please e-mail them to me at =
oxbow4570@yahoo.com

Much Thanks.......FF-Medic !!!

BM82557

Yes, actually they are. All of the Huntress frequencies are listed in the wiki. And, I hear activity on them on a mostly daily basis. The VHF ones are:
138.2 - Mostly NJ ANG
139.15 - Mostly DC ANG

If you would like the UHF frequencies, they are listed here:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Huntress

In my area HUNTRESS uses 139.7 for comms with the USCG helos (callsign BLACKJACK 1 & 2) based at DCA that support the metropolitan Washington Air Defense Intercept Zone(ADIZ).

jimlawrence

I've logged HUNTRESS on 141.7 in the past working aircraft over NY and New England.

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
Thanks Jim. Just getting some freqs together on the Military bands. After I get all the air, I am going to work on land mobile. Getting freqs is not hard, but getting "confirmed" ones is.

Kinda impressed. Even on a handheld I do well. Of course...aircraft have a 15 to 30,000 foot antenna. Even on a handheld I get aircraft significant distances off ( well out of state ).

Thanks...FF-Medic !!!

D

DaveNF2G

Hmm. The only VHF traffic I have heard involves Air Guard units talking to each other. I have never heard a contact with HUNTRESS anywhere besides UHF.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Dave here in Maryland I can remember numerous times that a/c would be calling Huntress on 139.7 It is suspected that at least 1 transmitter site is in our area, so there are times we can hear the replies, and sometimes you can't. I sometimes suspect that the air units are talking on VHF, Huntress replies on a UHF freq, and that may be part of why we sometimes can't hear them. That, of course, is pure speculation on my part, and not necessarily straight fact. 73 Mike

Last edited:

nycrich

I'm a little confused. Here in Florida I hear aircraft that used to call "OAKGROVE" calling "Northern Lights" According to the WIKI , they merged with the NE , which is true, but I don't hear "OAKGROVE" traffic (AWACS) using "Huntress" callsign. 364.2/252.0

D

DaveNF2G

NORTHERN LIGHTS is the callsign HUNTRESS uses for AWACS activity.

D

DaveNF2G

Yes, I know a bunch more callsigns. As I have already typed them up once and put them online, I decline to do so again here.

Google is your friend.

I'll give you a hint, though. My list is on my website, referenced in my signature.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I know a bunch more callsigns. As I have already typed them up once and put them online, I decline to do so again here.

Google is your friend.

I'll give you a hint, though. My list is on my website, referenced in my signature.

Unless I missed something, I didn't see it. I look through everything twice! Where is it hid at??

trainman111

In my area HUNTRESS uses 139.7 for comms with the USCG helos (callsign BLACKJACK 1 & 2) based at DCA that support the metropolitan Washington Air Defense Intercept Zone(ADIZ).

That would be my area too lol. I couldn't remember who exactly used it around here, whether it was for CAP's or for USCG, so I just left it blank. Thanks for refreshing my memory!

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

Once I get my antennas up (hopefully next weekend) I will be able to pay more attention to some of these frequencies.

BMT

Huntress/norad

A number of years ago 8 VHF freqs were used by NORAD.

Also 364.2 plus 217 other UHF freqs were available for use by NORAD. I programmed these freqs into one of my scanners and was surprised at the number of hit's here in FL.

Since '06 I have noticed a drop in the number of freqs used by the 601st Air Operations Center at Tyndall AFB. At one time the 601st used 51 freqs.
Whether anyone want's to believe it or not both the VHF and UHF MILAIR freqs are changing. The number of .025, .050 and .075 showing up ever month is noticable.

BMT

Status
Not open for further replies.