Huntsville Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcsd906

Hi there,

I was wondering what frequencies are used for the local Marine Police Departments. What department covers the water particulary in the Tennessee River/Guntersville Lake area?

Also, AST's frequencies and operating procedures seem really weird they way they have radios programmes and such. Its really hard to understand how to program them. If anyone has any helpful ideas, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks<

Cody

morganAL

Marine Police are usually found on the AST frequencies or Southern Linc. Alabama Marine Police cover the Tennessee River including Lake Guntersville, Wheeler & Wilson.

AST uses a different freq for Tx & Rx. In Decatur, 158.790 is base to car and 159.030 is car to base. I know Hsv is set up the same way I just don't remember the freqs at the moment.

154.920 is Base to Car & 155.445 is Car-to Base, unless they have changed things since I
lived up there.
Try 859.4875, That's the Freq. their handheld radios use to link to the cars VHF radio. You will hear whatever the Trooper has his car radio set to - if you hear anything they are CLOSE!

CSL126

Also, if either of the rivers go through any city limits. You could probably hear some of your local police departments patrolling the rivers. Here in Tuscaloosa our police department has a "Lake Patrol", but they patrol the Black Warrior River as well. Our fire department also has a water rescue division.

Status
Not open for further replies.