Huntsville Police Trunking Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaStangGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone,

I just got my Uniden BCT8 in and I am trying to figure out how to set it up for Huntsville police. After pouring through the manual and looking at the database on this site I still can't figure it out. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

rvholland

I don't have any uniden gear but thought I'd see if you're having some issue beyond just the mechanics of entering the needed info to the scanner.

I use a RS Pro-95 and a GRE PSR-500 to monitor HSV Public Safety.

Since my scanners support control channel only monitoring all I needed to do was enter the freq's marked as control channels, followed with talk group ID's. On my Pro-95 I have to enter the control freqs in a given bank and then mark that bank as a Motorola Type II system. Then I needed to enter the various talk groups in the same bank that appeared interesting as given in the RR database.

Entry of this info into the GRE is quite different due to its object oriented nature. But it does follow the same concept of defining a trunk system with the type and control frequencies followed with some talk groups.

Even though the HSV Public Safety system has rebanded, the particular channels in use are not impacted so don't get wrapped around worrying with rebanding concerns for now on this system.

I've seen reference to dynamic memory or something like that for Uniden scanners but can't talk to that since I've not personally used one.

Is there programming software available for your scanner? If you have or can get the required cables I highly recommend that method. It permits entry from your PC and is a lot easier to refine and enter the details that way. I can get my scanners entry from the keypad if I have to but prefer not to.

Hope that helps a little. If there is something a little more specific you're not understanding try to narrow it down a little to see if someone has an answer.

dchamp3681

bct8 Huntsville trunking help

Hey everyone!

I am new to scanning. I bought a Uniden BCT8, Read all the articles and manuals I could find, Joined RR, Updated the subscription to allow me to use the web service, Purchased the ARC8 software and installed, Got the serial to usb cable, Established communication with the scanner, and downloaded the frequency data bases in our area. Only problem No Huntsville trunked calls. I live in East Limestone. Can anyone help out a newbie?

Thanks for your time in advance.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Hey everyone!

I am new to scanning. I bought a Uniden BCT8, Read all the articles and manuals I could find, Joined RR, Updated the subscription to allow me to use the web service, Purchased the ARC8 software and installed, Got the serial to usb cable, Established communication with the scanner, and downloaded the frequency data bases in our area. Only problem No Huntsville trunked calls. I live in East Limestone. Can anyone help out a newbie?

Thanks for your time in advance.

Welcome to RR. You should have posted this in a new thread. This thread is two years old and most people will never see your post. Actually this is considered "thread hijacking" and is not permitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.