Huntsville Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

photogadam

I've been programing my scanner and have a few questions.

On the Huntsville Public Safety talkgroup, there are two 208 frequencies. One for HPD Admin 1 and one for HPD Special Ops. Do they both use this at different tines, or is this a mistake?

On the same talkgroup, I've picked up 10512 and 5808, but I don't know what they are for. Anyone have any idea?

4816 blasts out constant static, so I have that locked out. Anyone know what that is?

And only on 851.26250 when going up or down Chapman Mountain at the interstate and North Parkway area, I'm getting a weird screen on my PRO 96. It shows some kind of percentage at the bottom while just giving a lot of static. I can hit ATT and it will fix it some places, but others it doesn't help. Can someone give me some idea what to do to fix this problem? Can I like that out some how? Thanks!

Caddop22

I've been programing my scanner and have a few questions.

On the Huntsville Public Safety talkgroup, there are two 208 frequencies. One for HPD Admin 1 and one for HPD Special Ops. Do they both use this at different tines, or is this a mistake?

On the same talkgroup, I've picked up 10512 and 5808, but I don't know what they are for. Anyone have any idea?

4816 blasts out constant static, so I have that locked out. Anyone know what that is?

And only on 851.26250 when going up or down Chapman Mountain at the interstate and North Parkway area, I'm getting a weird screen on my PRO 96. It shows some kind of percentage at the bottom while just giving a lot of static. I can hit ATT and it will fix it some places, but others it doesn't help. Can someone give me some idea what to do to fix this problem? Can I like that out some how? Thanks!

TGID 208 Is PD Admin 1, I rarely hear any traffic on it.

TGID 5808 is HSV City Schools, these are the guys who do maintenance and repair at all the schools.

I believe TGID 4816 is for MDT's or Moscad, no sure which.

As to the 851.2625, It is the Control Channel being used by the system. The percentage you see is the strength that your scanner is picking up the frequency.

As far as I can tell as of now, since the re-banding, that is the only Control Channel being used,

Last edited:

photogadam

Know anything on 10512 or 4432 (picked this up today 20:25; sounded like maintenance of some kind.)

I pick up stuff on 854.1625 and 851.2625 and occasionally some of the others. More on the later during the day.

But with my problem. I can scan just fine and pick up stuff on 851.2625, but if I turn it to manual I just get some kind of weird static. The percentage changes between 97-99. When I turn on ATT then all the weird static goes away. I don't pick up on any of that regardless if ATT is on or not while scanning.

What is MDT or Moscad?

medic9351301

Banned
mdt- mobile data termials (comptuers in cars)

moscad- data sent to control stuff like bay doors, station lights)
if i can rember huntsville fire does not have a tone out tone they just keep up and speak the same system is in place here in birmingham

Status
Not open for further replies.