Huntsville UHF EDACS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimlawrence

While in Huntsville a few days ago, I caught what-sounded-like a trunked system control channel on 407.7625. At first, my Pro-96 wouldn't trunk it at all when I set it to MO. However, when I reset it to ED, the control channel information display changed to CTL-02. That might suggest that this is an EDACS based system.

I hunted in the database on this site but couldn't find any system with that frequency as a control channel. Anybody know anything about this system?

Incidentally, sysid A41B, associated with Redstone, trunktracked like a dream on my Pro-96. In the database, all the settings are correct but the control channel I caught that system on was 406.8375; a freq. that wasn't listed in the rr database for that system. Can anyone confirm that?

I also hunted around in the 406-420 MHz range for Motorola trunked sysid 3513 but couldn't find it. Has it been decommissioned? The only two control channels I found in that freq. range were the two I mentioned above. Because I was pressed for time (spousal unit was awaiting me in Tuscaloosa and I had to get going) I neglected to search the 380-390 MHz range.

HKUSP40

Jim,
406.8375 is the correct primary control channel for Redstone. I tried to submit this info to the database, but I couldn't get it to work. Hopefully, you can update the database. I also found some additional voice frequencies for the system. They are 409.275 and 409.6375. I found 12 unid talkgroups and submitted them to this forum to see if anyone could id them, but no one was able to provide any info.

Status
Not open for further replies.