Huntsville visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Hey folks, I'll be visiting Huntsville for a couple of meetings next week. I'm going to bring my PSR-500 and I'm being a bit lazy (not to mention pressed for time). Even though I can download directly from RR etc, my question is does anyone have a PSREdit file for the Huntsville area they could either post.

I did a quick search for 'psredit' in this board and didn't get a hit.

Much appreciated. Thanks.

N8IAA

Sorry, don't have either....radio or software. But it is only one trunk system and some conventional freqs to program. I betting that the conventional is more active than the trunked system from my travels to AL.
Larry

Steve

Lynn, I have a unested/untried PSREdit500 file for the Madison Co/Huntsville.
I started it planning for the Huntsville Airshow. But my plans to get a 500 and go to the show got shot down/crashed and burned. I will attach a zipped copy of it and if you can use then you let me know how far off it is/was. Yeah i renamed it as I wouldn't lost/forget where it was.

Attachments

• LEH Huntsville.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 65

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, don't have either....radio or software. But it is only one trunk system and some conventional freqs to program. I betting that the conventional is more active than the trunked system from my travels to AL.
Larry

Actually, there are a couple of trunked systems to monitor there. Mainly of course is Huntsville, but I visit the Arsenal so I have to include them. Lastly (if you're close enough) is the EDACS for the Airport (which should have been jumping for the air show mess last month).

I've got them programmed into my 396, but haven't been to the area since I got the 500.

Steve, I'll try that file out and let you know how it goes. Thanks.

morganAL

I'm pretty sure the freqs in database are incorrect for the Airport. I kmnow they have completed rebanding so the freqs are going to be different.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I'm pretty sure the freqs in database are incorrect for the Airport. I kmnow they have completed rebanding so the freqs are going to be different.

Well I'll find that one out tomorrow afternoon when I land. I've got about an hour wait until the rest of the crew shows up (the one with the rental car), so I'll try both the close call and spectrum sweep functions to see who wins. :D

If they have rebanded, I'll post the new numbers (as best I can). The fun part of the Airport is they are EDACS getting the LCN's right will be 'fun'. :(

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Well I arrived. I haven't had time to load the file(s) Steve sent me. The computer I normally use for that kind of stuff decided to go into the continuous reboot mode the other day. :( So I don't have anything loaded into the 500 just yet.

I did bring my 396 which I had the airport, Huntsville PS and Redstone already loaded. So in the few minutes I was waiting for my bag, I was able to verify the airport control channel is still on the frequencies in the DB.

I got the CC when I stopped the scanner and again with Close Call. I won't say I heard anything as I was tired, a bit PO'd and over three hours late in arriving (all of it sitting on the ramp in Atlanta waiting for weather to clear up). I was also on the phone to see if my boss would come pick me up (he didn't).

Think I'll pull out the 500 and play with it a bit before I decide to crawl into bed and die.

I'll post some results later this week on how well the 500 worked here. Also on Saturday for the airport stuff (that's when I leave).

Hopefully my trip home will be 'better' than the trip out.

Sitting on the ramp in Atlanta, I was wishing I was more in tune to Commercial Air comms. I finally turned on the scanner, but really didn't hear anything, even after changing antennae (I had a stubby on the 396 so I could keep it in a pocket). Too many channels for search to really find anything and then I don't know exactly what it is I found.

Funny thing was, my CC never went off for the aircraft's VHF transmissions. Though it did in the terminal for aircraft at the gates.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Not the most productive trip for me scanner wise. I didn't turn the 500 on once and only had the 396 on like twice.

I'm sitting in the airport (I LOVE THEIR FREE WIFI) waiting for the flight home.

I still have not heard anything on the HSV EDACS, but the control channel is still 856.9625 the SID on the 396 does say 01 (I haven't checked the DB yet to see if that is right).

Edit 1435

Well the Huntsville airport EDACS is still working per the DB settings. I just (finally) heard some activity. My flight leaves in about forty minutes and it is pouring down rain. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.