Huron Valley Ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyryx

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum but have been lurking for a while. I am trying to get access to HVA, specifically their central ops. I am a bit confused on the current status of the system. I am using a pro-96 scanner, and tried to gain access to the Washtenaw county frequencies of MPSCS, then lock it down to the HVA MOT's, but the signal was completely terrible. I caught a few words, and it sounded like I was on their dispatch but it was pretty much incomprehensible.

It didn't make sense to me because I am only a mile or two from their headquarters. Are they primarily using another system? Or am I tuning into MPSCS wrong?

If it makes a difference, I am located in Ann Arbor, and am using the following frequencies:
855.08750c 855.28750a 866.45000a 866.66250 866.86250 866.95000 867.22500

n8zcc

I've heard them on talk groups 2237 and 2587 off of the Romeo MPSCS tower several weeks ago, they are locked out of my scan groups right now.

FPOWLD

Hva

Try MPSCS Northville tower frequenciees and scan in the + (open) mode. You will hear TG's 2237, 2238 & 2239 then you can add them to any list and hear them in the - ( closed) mode.
You shoulld be able to hear them on the Wash. simucast frequencies also.

kyryx

Try MPSCS Northville tower frequenciees and scan in the + (open) mode. You will hear TG's 2237, 2238 & 2239 then you can add them to any list and hear them in the - ( closed) mode.
You shoulld be able to hear them on the Wash. simucast frequencies also.

Okay, I'll give the Northville tower a try. Should I put it on the same scan bank as the washtenaw county one or a new bank?

And as far as the Wash. simucast, I tried to set that up using the frequencies:
851.08750 851.26250 852.08750 854.08750c
using the same setup as the MPSCS, but it didn't work. It seemed like my scanner wasn't recognizing it as a trunking setup? All I heard was the weird clicking sound I get when I listen to a trunked frequency. I would probably get better reception with the wash simucast right?

diskmonger

Your issue is that Washtenaw is a simulcast system, scanners have a hard time listening to digital simulcast.

The PSR-800 is the best scanner for simulcast but it still isn't perfect.

kyryx

Your issue is that Washtenaw is a simulcast system, scanners have a hard time listening to digital simulcast.

The PSR-800 is the best scanner for simulcast but it still isn't perfect.

Oh okay, I thought it was analog, the database said it was Motorola type 2 analog. That must explain why I was wasn't getting it. I tried the Northville tower and got nothing. Are there any other towers that might give me good signal in Ann Arbor besides the washtenaw county one?

FPOWLD

Hva

Try a seperate bank and if that works try it in the same bank you have Washtenaw programmed in and see if it works there too. It should. Wash. Co simucast is difficult to hear. At leats it is for me.

Good luck.

kyryx

I gave it a try, still no luck on the wash simucast. I tried Northville still, I got absolutely nothing. Am I just out of luck? Is nothing closer to AA?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; LG-MS910 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

HVA operates on MPSCS, which is P25 digital. I listen to them most all the time, and D1 & D2 are quite active. (There is a common lull, between 3am and 5am.)

FPOWLD

Are you sure you are programming the scanner correctly? Let me know. If you are still having problems I will PM you and maybe I can walk you through the system. My PRO96 picks up HVA off more than the Northville tower

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; LG-MS910 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

kyryx said:
I gave it a try, still no luck on the wash simucast. I tried Northville still, I got absolutely nothing. Am I just out of luck? Is nothing closer to AA?

The Washtenaw system's eastern towers are near Dixboro & Pontiac Trail, EMU campus, & Augusta Twp. There is a tower inside the Ann Arbor city limits.

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber

Accidental entry

Last edited:

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Not to add to your confusion, but also with the Pro-96, if you program any towers in the same bank as the Washtenaw simulcast system, you will need to program a non-trunked frequency in between them, so the scanner will see the control channels separately.

Also when you were talking about an analog system, if you were referring to Ann Arbor's TRS, I don't think they use that anymore.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
... when you were talking about an analog system, if you were referring to Ann Arbor's TRS, I don't think they use that anymore.

HVA has been off of the analog TRS for well over a year now. I do hear a little law enforcement traffic on there, from time to time. I have not updated my scan list, as the TGs that were used before, are still available, for a backup communications plan.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
... It didn't make sense to me because I am only a mile or two from their headquarters.

How far you are from HVA's dispatch site is irrelevant. Almost all of their radio communications are done through MPSCS. Being within range of an MPSCS tower, that is carrying HVA's radio traffic is what matters. (Which means most any MPSCS tower in SE Michigan will work, maybe with the exception of Macomb County. Even then, it will depend on if there is an authorized user is affiliated with a Macomb tower, such as an HVA unit in that area.)

Are they primarily using another system?

Not very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.