Hurricane Dolly

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexus

Also for those of you who have SWL receivers or HF radios....

14.325 USB is the official NHC to Ham Radio Emergency Services for Hurricanes. Each time there is an active storm in the atlantic/gulf that frequency becomes activated with hurricane center specific traffic. And for Texas regional health and welfare they'll be on: 3935.0 LSB and 3875.0 LSB

Firetxmi

Anyone know of any operational HF Radios connected to the internet (The one I usually listen to is offline), so that I can hear the Hurricane ops?

I was put on standby (in the DFW area) this morning to go down there and pick up patients if needed.....

SCPD

QRT
I am hearing a bundle of activity on 139.5750 NG-TAC-8 but it seems it has DES written all over it.

SCPD

QRT
If you Google "SHARES HF" you will get plenty of HF Resources including Hurricane Huntress Aircraft and USCG HF Nets.

Stavro35

I used to hear H.F communications related to storms on my H.F receiver from my old hometown in Saint simons island Georgia . I am now located near Seattle Washington.. Am I too far out of range for any coast guard or other relief,search and rescue activity?

kkn50

Long Time Member
Premium Subscriber
Two of those are two meter ham freqs - do they use those in the Texas Guard?

Scanning just south of San Antonio the only storm related I have heard was some chit-chat on 155.340/127.3 between mobile units regarding their assignments. Sounded like a medical team passing through town.

The state is preparing to mobilize 1200+ members of the Texas Military Forces. You guys may want to plug these freqs in to your scan lists.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=4580

scrotumola

Some sort of IRLP/Echolink activity on 444.625, EOC activity on 7.290/7.285, as mentioned earlier 14.325 daytime 3.895 nighttime.

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
Dolly and Operation Lone Star 08

Two of those are two meter ham freqs - do they use those in the Texas Guard?

Scanning just south of San Antonio the only storm related I have heard was some chit-chat on 155.340/127.3 between mobile units regarding their assignments. Sounded like a medical team passing through town.

Last year at Operation Lone Star I was the Intel Officer. I got those freqs directly from the coms guys there and then confirmed them using signal stalker on my 97. There were 5 systems that were programmed into each radio. NG freqs, state interop (TX Law 1 and such), an additional combo of NG and state, an unknown digital setup and the 7 weather. I submitted the info when I got back. One admin posted it just as I sent it in. Someone deleted parts of it becuase it duplicated info (I think). I have the original data either on my HD or in my AAR. If I can find it I will post it either here, the wiki, or on my unit's site.

BTW Operation Lone Star 08 kicks off Saturday through out the valley. You may want to keep them programmed in for the next two weeks. During the week you will hear us working the sites and running drills. Weekends should be fairly calm.

OLS is an mission preformed by all Texas Military Forces and other states' NG units. We provide medical care to underserved areas of Texas. The majority of what we did was school physicals, immunizations, dental care, and preventive screening. See the links in my signature for more info.

SCPD

QRT
Hearing TEXAS Night Primary on 3873LSB, there referring several other alternate frequencies. of course 14325 and 7290. But so far, seems Night Primary is on 3873.

kkn50

Long Time Member
Premium Subscriber
139.57500 NG TAC 8 is very active in Corpus Christi today.

BTW Operation Lone Star 08 kicks off Saturday through out the valley. You may want to keep them programmed in for the next two weeks. During the week you will hear us working the sites and running drills.

kkn50

Long Time Member
Premium Subscriber
Disregard that post ---- appears to be NAS CC not NG.

139.57500 NG TAC 8 is very active in Corpus Christi today.

BTW Operation Lone Star 08 kicks off Saturday through out the valley. You may want to keep them programmed in for the next two weeks. During the week you will hear us working the sites and running drills.

Status
Not open for further replies.