Hurricane Fay

Status
Not open for further replies.

blinddog50

The projected path has it coming almost right at Ft. Myers about the time it hits cat.1 status.
Forecasters have it just west of Charlotte on Friday(man do we need the rain).

Hunker down homer.
We'll be listening to your feed while you have power.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Need more.
I had to be at work today.
Had to pick between sleep and watching radar, I'll pick sleep.

I was working all night and back for more fun, never got any rain here in east Gastonia until after 5am though. It was something watching that rain just west of me for five hours, just sitting there and taking a big dump on Shelby, etc.. In fact, that radar reminded me of one Hurricane I was in around 1997 where the storm just sat there for hours and never moved, never saw that much rain before..

You guys in the storms path, watch your backs and stock up on supplies if you haven't already.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
In the 5 PM forcast... they moved Fay more west out into the gulf. They should have a better handle on the path Monday afternoon. Having lived in Florida 10 years... I have the routine down. I also have a generator to keep the stream on-line. But usually the Comcast amplifiers drop off without power killing my internet connection. :-(

Kevinbb

PSAP-Retired
Premium Subscriber
keep up the great work homer- I have your feed locked in for the next few days. Of course until crapcast wimps out on you. My buddy is a Fire Chief in Pinellas and he e-mailed me saying they were having meetings all day to prepare. Your scanner sounds great though. Where else can you hear them bang out for a brush fire and flooding condition's within minuets of each other! Gotta love Florida. To bad you can't pick up the Keys and Naples area. Or the FHP :( I don't want much do I. Stay safe down there - thanks again

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
The Latest Track has shifted back over the peninsula, got to love storms

Utah_Viper

I start a new job tomorrow morning.... but thinking tonight will be a late one monitoring this. Hope you will be safe. Look forward to the feed.

hemi

Hey guys i was just wondering if someone be kind enough to jump onto mu Emergency Response Network group, and keep us updated on Fay. We got alot of weather chasers/buffs who would love to hear it. thanx.;)

nexus

Yeah his stream is still up, I'm listening to it right now....

Also for those interested in monitoring the ham radio operators who are tied directly in with NHC, they have all of the shelters manned...

A streaming audio feed has been setup thanks to the assistance of David McAnally-WD5M. This is the first time he has setup a streaming audio server so please bear with any technical difficulties. The links are listed below:

http://wx5fwd.net:8000/voipwx.mp3
http://wx5fwdnet:8000/voipwx.ogg

Bob Carter-KC4QLP has also setup an online stream for up to 32 listeners at the following link:

http://kc4qlp.dyndns.org:8082

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
The Everglades are definately doing their thing, FAY actually got more organized and strengthened after landfall, this is not as unusual as it sounds as alot of hurricanes that move over the everglades and lake okeechobee keep alot of their strength.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I don't think you'll hear anything over there...

And it's probably time to change the subject line - Fay still isn't and hasn't been a hurricane.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I will try to provide something a little more useful than the last post,

Most Comms now in Brevard,Orange,Volusia,Seminole, and Osceola Counties are more than likely 2M or 70CM, In Orange County the ARES/RACES usually has an Operator stationed in the Comm Centers, and I cannot recall seeing any HF equipment, they do run alot of 10 Meters in Central Florida though.

We Have not had alot of power outages, the main problem now is that the storm is sitting near melbourne and dropping outrageous amounts of rain,I have heard 30 Inches, however inland they needed the water as Florida's main water supply is the Aquifer underneath, which was getting dangerously low.

Status
Not open for further replies.