Hurricane Fay

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Thanks For That, Last Discussion i read was the track shifted west about 60 NM hopefully it will keep that up

austinscan1

Scary stuff indeed! I'm going to hide under the bed soon. Wake me up on Wednesday!!

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
Ill be listing and following it till the power goes out :). Looks like the track just shifted a lot in the 1100 advisory (#12). looks like itll go more south of tampa and then hit around we i am (st.aug/jax area) more than previously expected. We actually saw people stocking up on water and batteries around here yesterday.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Actually the forecast hasn't changed much... You look at the big cone, not the line. Anyone getting worried about this event has never seen a strong thunderstorm before, as it won't have any lasting impact on Jacksonville.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
The big factor around Melbourne and the beaches has been lots and lots of rain. The winds have never been alarming (except for the occasional tornado, of course) but there's a lot of minor flooding. I'm
staying home today simply because I know that the street I work on, plus my own neighborhood,
have water high enough in the streets that it's questionable if my car would make it. And what the
heck, it's not like I'd be doing anything at work today anyway but turn on the twins (two Orions in
base consoles) and listen to the SO and the PDs. And I'm doing that right now at home anyway,
with four M/A-Com 7100IPs on my computer desk. I'm monitoring VHF and any three agencies at
a time that I want to on the county's system.

Elroy

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Actually the forecast hasn't changed much... You look at the big cone, not the line. Anyone getting worried about this event has never seen a strong thunderstorm before, as it won't have any lasting impact on Jacksonville.

Probably it will not have a lasting effect, but there is always a chance the weatherman is wrong. The Forecasters at NHC are Pretty good and They have a good track record, However Weathermen are not perfect, Well Tom Terry at WFTV is a real good one, he is one of the few that predicted Charley in 04 would take a right turn and would pass over Orlando

I am not saying that people north of daytona need to run to their basements, but they don't need to let their guard down either, that is irresponsible.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
However Weathermen are not perfect

I'll be the first to admit I've messed up a forecast or two over my years...

they don't need to let their guard down either, that is irresponsible.

I don't think anyone is saying they should... Anyone in the path of a hurricane (and in the threat area too!) should always be paying attention to the latest information. But I don't think they need to start packing up and heading to Georgia...

Status
Not open for further replies.