hurst police 2 - 460.05000 cedar hill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

winkydo

lately i started picking up a quiet talk on 460.05000 that does not sound like it's coming from the 3 or 4 hurst police that are on shift. when they radio out locations, most of them come up on google around cedar hill. am i missing something or is there an overlap here on 460.05000?

listening on a pro-95 with a RS 800mhz rubber ducky on the south east side of hurst.

on the database, 460.05000 seems to be labeled as 'Police Secondary/Car-to-Car' Tarrant County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
lately i started picking up a quiet talk on 460.05000 that does not sound like it's coming from the 3 or 4 hurst police that are on shift. when they radio out locations, most of them come up on google around cedar hill. am i missing something or is there an overlap here on 460.05000?

listening on a pro-95 with a RS 800mhz rubber ducky on the south east side of hurst.

on the database, 460.05000 seems to be labeled as 'Police Secondary/Car-to-Car' Tarrant County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
If you're getting what appear to check out as Cedar Hill area addresses, then probably you're really hearing, slightly off frequency, is 460.03750, which is part of the MPT-1327 system used by Cedar Hill. Desoto, & Duncanville. See this link:
Southwest Regional Communications Center Trunking System, Cedar Hill, Texas - Scanner Frequencies
If you check the frequencies, you'll see that some of these are also very close to those used by Dallas PD or FD, and others duplicate some used by other agencies in the region. There was a thread, last fall I believe, along with a story in the local media, on the interference problems. One of the issues was that one pf the frequencies, 453.3125, duplicated one that Plano used to control irrigation equipment on city property, and the strong interference causes their devices to malfunction, and plants to die.

The closest licensed users I see in the database for 460.050 are in Hood & Somervell counties.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
If that scanner supports tone squelch, you could enter 136.5,and see if you still hear the transmissions. I think animal control uses PD2 and maybe PD3 quite a bit.

winkydo

i bet it is the off freq of the cedar hill area as hiegtx mentioned. i atten'ed the channel and have to keep my squelch up to keep the pro-95 spinning anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.