Hustler Outdoor Scanner Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
My grandfather lived out in the boonies years ago and had one of these and an old Regency 8 channel crystal scanner and I was amazed how much it brought in over just the whip on the scanner. For vhf hi band it works well, and wasn't bad on the 42mhz highway patrol frequencies at the time. I still have it in storage somewhere, now I may have to dig it out to try lol.
There are a couple of reviews of it on eham, you can check out lots of products there

Cbman417

My grandfather lived out in the boonies years ago and had one of these and an old Regency 8 channel crystal scanner and I was amazed how much it brought in over just the whip on the scanner. For vhf hi band it works well, and wasn't bad on the 42mhz highway patrol frequencies at the time. I still have it in storage somewhere, now I may have to dig it out to try lol.
There are a couple of reviews of it on eham, you can check out lots of products there
i was going to use it for 155mhz and 700mhz phase 25

prcguy

The DCL-B is a very poor rendition of a DIscone. A $40 Harvest or Tram brand Discone would be better. If the 700MHz signals are far away you might look into something better than a typical scanner Discone.

Status
Not open for further replies.