Hutchinson, KS - Switch to new radio system is a mixed deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipster67

But the switch to the 800 system will mean police scanners in homes will no longer work, Emergency Management Director Bill Guy told the Reno County Commission this week.

Guy said he is looking for alternatives - such as a Web solution - so scanner owners won't have to purchase new scanners

Wondering what he is talking about. No reason they would be looking at a web solution if was going to be encryption. I was thinking they were joining the KSICS system? That is very easy to scan. Makes ya wanna say hmmm?!?!?!?!?!?!?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Wondering what he is talking about. No reason they would be looking at a web solution if was going to be encryption. I was thinking they were joining the KSICS system? That is very easy to scan. Makes ya wanna say hmmm?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I think their point is that they would like citizens to be able to listen without having to spend a lot of money on a new digital scanner....

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Guy said he is looking for alternatives - such as a Web solution - so scanner owners won't have to purchase new scanners.

"That's a big part of our warning system," Guy said of citizen-owned scanners.

Makes you wonder why they want to BLOCK the scanners doesn't it? And I am sure they worry about people spending money for new scanners! lol

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
At least they're thinking about the locals who listen to scanners. That's a whole lot more than most places can say....

Status
Not open for further replies.