Hvaing trouble with win500 download.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkevin02

Premium Subscriber
I just got my new GREPSR-500 scanner. I downloaded the win500 and became a prem. member of RR. but it seems like it is not working to download any of the KSICS or local stuff out west. wondering if I am doing something wrong? any help is most welcome and tankful for.

n0lqt

OK, how far are you getting with it?

You picked the "Trunked Systems" import and then I will presume you have entered your username and password in the two fields at the top of the pop-up Web-import box in the program.

Next, in the drop-down boxes below that, picked "United States", "Kansas", and then a local "County" to you. Be aware, you have to actually "select" each one from the drop-down. I believe the program comes up with "United States" in the first box automatically, but won't let you pick the "State" until you select United States in the first drop-down.

When you select KSICS out of the "System" box it will come up and say "Retrieving Trunked System (SID=4390) When it finishes, you will have two new lines with checkboxes in front of them in the large window at the bottom of the dialog box that says "Sites: 66" and "Talkgroups groups: 122"

Before selecting anything, click the checkbox "Hide Alternates", THEN select both of the "Sites: 66" and "Talkgroup groups: 122" checkboxes. You can go in and edit the ones you want and don't want from either of these, but the first few times you set it up I would let all of them import and then edit or lock out the ones you don't want. It doesn't hurt to have them all loaded. If something happens and you really want to listen to that talkgroup, it is just a matter of unlocking it in the scanner, rather than having to go thru the process of adding a new talkgroup.

When you click on the "Import this System" button, you will get a 2nd dialog box asking you to name the system for your radio. You can call it anything you want, up to 16 characters, to make it easy to recognize. I've always found "KSICS" works real well....

Next, select a Scanlist to put all of the talkgroups in first. You can always move them around later. You can also select the "Set objects "Notes" field to..." to give you a longer description in the program (it doesn't upload that to the scanner though) Finally, decide how you want to have it displayed on the scanner. I like the "Display" attribute, but you can try all three ways to see which you want. Next decide if you want the wildcard groups and radio id objects. This is the equivalent of the "OPEN" and "CLOSED" system from older non-object oriented scanners. Select "OK" and there you go.

Right now, there are 33 unique control channels in the KSICS system so you get a warning about that. Just OK thru that and 32 of them will be downloaded into the program. You can edit the "System Frequencies" later if you need to.

Now, save your new .p500 file on your computer before going ANY further and then upload it to the scanner. It will reboot the scanner and AWAY YOU GO........

mrkevin02

Premium Subscriber
not getting any of that

I am not getting anything that you are talking about from the win500. no menu, no pop out web box for the user name or key. I have no idea where I have to go to get to the point that you are talking about. may have to go to derby for a lesson from mark.

mrkevin02

Premium Subscriber
I have my scanner up and running. It is working great. I can hear the KHP out of Chantue Kansas loud and clear. The only problem is I live in western Kansas. I have not heard any thing of my local people or the KHP out of Hays or Garden City. I'm seriously getting my butt kicked here. I'm going to be in Hutchinson Friday for the fair. If anyone is close that could help me out? I'd be willing to pay for the help and lesson. If not I'm going to the Derby radio shack for help. Thanks to everyone who tried to help this dumb guy.

mrkevin02

Premium Subscriber
Ok I have my 7 TSYS objects and I have my Talk groups that are asigned to those TSYS objects. Now I want to up load them to the scanner, but I want each TSYS and it's Talk group on a different numbered button on the scanner. when I upload to the scanner I get just one TSYS and it's Talk group. does it make a differents that I'm trying to upload both 25apco automatic and 800/900moto at the same time? because the 800/900moto was the one uploaded, but I wanted it to go to butoon 11 on the scanner but it went to button 2. I have it marked on the scan as going to scan list 11. what am I doing wrong here?

I did get all the CONV channels loaded and they went to the correct button on the scanner. I'm not even sure how I did it. But they are in there and working great.
Thanks again for all the help.
Kevin

Last edited:

Highpockets

Ok I have my 7 TSYS objects and I have my Talk groups that are asigned to those TSYS objects. Now I want to up load them to the scanner, but I want each TSYS and it's Talk group on a different numbered button on the scanner. when I upload to the scanner I get just one TSYS and it's Talk group. does it make a differents that I'm trying to upload both 25apco automatic and 800/900moto at the same time? because the 800/900moto was the one uploaded, but I wanted it to go to butoon 11 on the scanner but it went to button 2. I have it marked on the scan as going to scan list 11. what am I doing wrong here?

I did get all the CONV channels loaded and they went to the correct button on the scanner. I'm not even sure how I did it. But they are in there and working great.
Thanks again for all the help.
Kevin

Everything you in want in your scanner has to be uploaded to your scanner in one upload, everytime you upload to the scanner in over-writes what is in it. Once things are assigned to a scan list, activate that scan list (so it will be sent to the scanner) on the General Settings tab on the left top, name it and make sure the box is black to activate it.

mrkevin02

Premium Subscriber
Ok,
I have done everything that high pockets has said to do but when I up load to the scanner I get the same results. Is there something else that I am not doing. on my scanner it's showing that it is not scanning any talk groups at all.

Highpockets

Ok,
I have done everything that high pockets has said to do but when I up load to the scanner I get the same results. Is there something else that I am not doing. on my scanner it's showing that it is not scanning any talk groups at all.

If you are using Win500, ZIP UP you XXXX.p500 file and attach it to a message and someone will take a look at it.

mrkevin02

Premium Subscriber
my buttons on the scanner 2, 3, 4, the buttons that should have the TSYS with the talk groups is acting like there is nothing there. But on button 5 of my scanner it has the CONV and it's scanning to beat the band.

mrkevin02

Premium Subscriber
Good News after 5 days and numorus post here I finially got my brian wrapped around the new digital programing and have both my scanners programed and up and running. Thanks to everyone who helped me out with all there suggestion The one person that really knows his stuff and went way out of his way to help n0lqt thank you so much. Next time I'm in your area lunch is on me. Thanks again everyone.
Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.