Hw do I exit V-Folders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc8qln

The manual shows how to load, save, and delete V folders. This is fine.

It does not show if you are in a V folder, how to "exit", and get back to the original working memory.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
If I'm not mistaken, when you load a V folder, it becomes the working memory. If you didn't save your previous "working memory" as a V folder it's no longer there.

rpowley

tspainiv said:
If I'm not mistaken, when you load a V folder, it becomes the working memory. If you didn't save your previous "working memory" as a V folder it's no longer there.
That's exactly right - I save my originial working file to " . " - You actually have 11 V-folders.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
kc8qln said:
The manual shows how to load, save, and delete V folders. This is fine.
It does not show if you are in a V folder, how to "exit", and get back to the original working memory.
Can someone help me with this?
Thanks
Going thruough the entire process... press MAN.... then PGM-FUNC-PGM.... that will give you the V-Folder Manipulation Screen.... I have 11 V-Folders programmed into my radio so I use all 11 slots.... so you have one Folder loaded and want to save that folder and load another... press 1 (SAVE) and the next screen will ask where you want to save it.... press the number corresponding to the Folder where your active load should be saved.... press ENTER, it will ask you to press ENTER a second time to confirm.... then the load will be saved to the V-Folder you have entered.... when the save completes then you will be prompted to press ENTER followed by the Manipulation Screen again.... press 2 for load and enter the location of the Folder you want to monitor.... press enter and then confirm..... when that completes then you will be prompted to press CLEAR to exit, it will reboot and you will be able to monitor the new V-Folder....

if you need more help let me know....

n4voxgill

Silent Key
you are always in one of the 11 vFolders. I use the the eleventh one, the period, as a scratch pad and put odd stuff in it. Later transfer what I want to keep to one of the other folders.

davidd2957

How do you know what V-Folder you have working at any given point in time. In other words, I have not done much with V-Folders since I got my Pro-96 and Win96, so I do not know which V-Folder I am working with now. If I go to "Man" then "Func""Pgm""Func", I still do not see anything saying which V-Folder I am working with now.
David D.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
If it doesn't have any text in the V-Folder then you may not have tagged the V-Folder. The best way to do this, and manage the V-Folders is with Win96. I think the V-Folder tag is from the fouth line of what the opening starup screen looks like on the display. By using Win96 to verify the folder you can tell what it is by the text.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
davidd2957 said:
How do you know what V-Folder you have working at any given point in time. In other words, I have not done much with V-Folders since I got my Pro-96 and Win96, so I do not know which V-Folder I am working with now. If I go to "Man" then "Func""Pgm""Func", I still do not see anything saying which V-Folder I am working with now.
David D.

I have 30 or so V-Folders stored in my jump drive so I can load what I need depending upon where I am going. I use WIN 96 to manage the scanner, would be lost without it! I have given each of the V-Folders a name that describes what they contain/what they monitor, etc....to fit the 12 character line alloted for that purpose.... when you turn the 96 on the second screen displayed is the current V-Folder, you can enter the specific info on the "SETTINGS" page in WIN 96 (My name is line 1; fone number line 2; date V-Folder was assembled is line 3; the name of the V-Folder is line 4)... the bottom line, or line 4, is the line that will display when you are loading the V-Folders using the "PGM" "FUNC" "PGM"
example:
line 1: X. X. XXXXXXX (my name)
line 2: ###.###.#### (fone #)
line 3: 20060717 (date)
line 4: mtro.dsp.mpf (name of V-Folder)

Hope this hasn't confused you any, once you get the hang of the process is it a real time saver and will increase your scanning pleasure....

jim293

I know it is something that I am doing wrong. I click on the v scanner and it opens up. But once I get that it says REFRESH- COMMIT-LOAD and DONE. After that I cannot get it to do a thing. Thanks

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
jim293 said:
I know it is something that I am doing wrong. I click on the v scanner and it opens up. But once I get that it says REFRESH- COMMIT-LOAD and DONE. After that I cannot get it to do a thing. Thanks
Press <Refresh> and it will tell you what you have in your scanner.

n4voxgill said:
you are always in one of the 11 vFolders. I use the the eleventh one, the period, as a scratch pad and put odd stuff in it. Later transfer what I want to keep to one of the other folders.
Gill, that is not quite correct. There are V-Folders and then there is main memory. The two are not the same. You can in fact have 12 different systems on your radio at one time, but if you use one of the V-Folders, you will lose what ever is in Main Memory. This is why they provided the Scratch Folder, you should only load/save from/to the 0-9 folders and leave the "." folder for temp storage (as you apparently do).

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
In the columns and rows below the "REFRESH/COMMIT/LOAD CONFIGURATION/DONE" row you need to enter the names of the V-Folders you wish to load.... in the top row do you see the "READ/CLAER/WRITE" boxes?> Check the "WRITE" box and you will be asked to make a choice from the location you have stored each of your V-Folders.... when you have chosen the ones you want to load then click "COMIT" and they will load....

If you haven't done this then you will have nothing in the memory to read.....

Status
Not open for further replies.