HW Virtual Serial Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacombMonitor

I ran across this today, but didn't have time to get into it. I'm wondering if this could be of used with our scanners:

HW Virtual Serial Port
HW VSP is a software tool, which adds to the operating system a virtual COM port, (COM 5 for example) and redirects the data from this port through the TCP/IP network to another hardware interface, defined by IP address and port number.
http://www.hw-group.com/products/hw_vsp/index_en.html

seamusg

MacombMonitor said:
I ran across this today, but didn't have time to get into it. I'm wondering if this could be of used with our scanners:

HW Virtual Serial Port
HW VSP is a software tool, which adds to the operating system a virtual COM port, (COM 5 for example) and redirects the data from this port through the TCP/IP network to another hardware interface, defined by IP address and port number.
http://www.hw-group.com/products/hw_vsp/index_en.html
It might work if you had the scanner on computer B and wanted to run it from computer A. This type of setup was tried for remote monitoring and line changes by the Phone Company, but didn't work very well because of timing issues between the main computer and the Central Office. It worked with systems that used <CR> for a line terminator, but not ones that used <esc> or <!> or<.> for line terminators.

brandon

Database Admin
HW Virtual Serial Port is awesome! I am now using ProScan with HW VSP for remote control of my BC250D located 90 miles away in San Diego. It works very well and I can leave my PC on all day and it never loses connection. I am using IceCast to feed the audio so I can use Screamer Radio to record stuff. For non-delayed audio use Skype or GoogleTalk to feed the sound.

proscan3cq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.