• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HX380 Standard Horizon Software - CE138V2??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scannerham62

Premium Subscriber
Hi everybody. I am trying to program my new Standard Horizon HX380 radio with ham frequencies. Its a marine radio capable of an additional 40 LMR channels from 136 to 174 MHz. The dealers are useless and Standard Horizon Tech Support says the radios are serial number / lot specific in reference to the programming software and version. My serial number is 6C452102. Tech support says the "45" in my serial number indicates I need Standard Horizon Software CE138 Version 2. Does anybody have access to this? Does this sound familiar / correct? I have CE129 V1 but tech support says do not use this - it will "brick" the radio. Sounds a bit extreme to me but who knows. As far as a cable, I purchased one from an authorized Standard Horizon dealer, (Defender Industries - Waterford, CT). Its model # USB-57B made by RT systems. It says that "programming software" is included but its just a disc with DRIVERS for the cable, not programming software at all!! Tech Support also indicated that the HX400 uses the same software but we did not discuss the serial number / lot issue. ANY info or experience on this topic will be greatly appreciated!!

Scannerham62

Premium Subscriber
Update!

Eureka! Now I know how Thomas Edison must have felt once or twice! I got my HX380 successfully programmed today using the CE138 Version 2 software. I used the RT systems USB-57B cable and drivers that I bought online, ($24.99). I did it on 2 different computers, one Windows 7 and one Windows 10. One thing I know for sure. The radios are software dependent on the firmware version designated by the "lot number", (contained in the serial number). My serial number is 6C452102 and my lot number is 45, (the third and fourth numbers from the left). If your HX380 lot number is 55 or higher you will need the newest, latest and greatest software known as YCE13. This software is quite hard to find so be advised, (I don't have it). Any HX380 with a lot number less than 55 should work on CE138V2. Hope this helps others out there. Scannerham62

swamplynx

Any leads on the YCE13 software? I have a newer HX400 and am having a hell of a time.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I was just eyeing up one of these. The price looks pretty reasonable. Now that you have had this for a while, are you still pretty satisfied with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.