Hydro 1 line repair frquencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Check low band (46-49mhz sorta thing). Many of them still operate in that range. I've always found that they usually don't use the radio a whole lot though.

Here in Muskoka the Hydro One chans are maikly used for dispatch info and long range comms between trucks. The line and tree crews actually use GMRS radios (when your 40+ feet up the range is a easy 5-6 miles) and they are cheap to replace if they get dropped or crushed (and they do). The other day on the news they were showing crews working in Toronto and the 1 lineman had a cobra GMRS radio clipped on his jacket with a headset.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I show them on B3 in Bracebridge, A1 around Algonquin Park and C3 over towards Parry sound.

You can cross reference the channels with the actual frequencies here: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=4179

Dispatch typically uses cell phones to call the trucks. It's only when a group of trucks are close together that you'll actually hear anything.

I was up in Muskoka last month after the wind storms and only heard truck to truck comm's. I think they were using 49.130MHz.

On Monday in Erin, the crews were using 48.950MHz.

I created a favourites list of all the Hydro One channels and scan that when I'm out working on storm clean up duty. If you've got room in your scanner, I'd dump in all the channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.