Hydro One Quinte West Freqs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3CAF

Would appreciate capturing the frequencies used by Hydro One during maintenance and power outages in the Quinte West district(s).
Unfortunately trying to glean info from their 1-800 number during major failures produces only frustration so would like the ability to monitor the action first hand.
Thanks in advance for any info.

jellotor

I've heard Hydro One crews on 48-49 MHz in the Grey-Bruce area and there's a 49 MHz listed for Hydro One out of Stayner...that might be a good place to start.

VA3CAF

Hydro One Freqs

Tnx fellows and I do have (all of) their frequencies in the Lo VHF and upper spectrum here but my question was as to whether anyone had their 'actual' working frequencies for this district.
I have searched\scanned for life out there in hydro land but until there are major repairs or the requirement, they don't appear to be too 'radio active', therefore my want for actual logged freqs. TUVM es 73

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Their working frequencies are between 869 and 893Mhz :).

Hydro One tends to dispatch mainly by cell phone. You will hear the odd crew on lowband but it's usually just chit chat between trucks.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
That's not necessarily true there Mike. I was actually hearing OPG - Hydro One on 49 mhz this morning.

To VA3CAF you can also check the archives in the EasternOntarioScanning Yahoo group. There was a listing of all the 49 mhz range frequencies posted there along time ago for what you want.

You may also want to check either TAFL or the Darkwing database, I can't remember the address for the second one, but you will find what you're looking for there.

Mike_Oxlong said:
Their working frequencies are between 869 and 893Mhz :).

Hydro One tends to dispatch mainly by cell phone. You will hear the odd crew on lowband but it's usually just chit chat between trucks.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
OPG is not Hydro One. Ontario Power Generation generally uses frequencies in the low UHF band. They're the guys responsible for generating the power that Hydro One distributes.

Last time I was with a Hydro One crew, they used cellphones the whole time.

I do keep the lowband frequencies in my scanner and I do hear the occassional transmission but it's usually just trucks chatting back and forth while on the road.

The best way to confirm would be to scan between 48 and 50 Mhz during the next outage in his area and see what he hears.

Status
Not open for further replies.