Hydroplane racing Freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3zo

Does any one know the race frequncies for the hydroplane races, drivers pit crews etc.

Races are coming to Detroit this weekend and I would like to listen if possible.

Thanks
Chris

Off shore boat racing will be in St Clair the last weeknd in july. Note St Clair not St Clair Shores. 30 more miles north.

But a great time as well.

yooper927

Premium Subscriber
When the offshore races are here in St. Clair, GMRS radio frequencies are used for race control. Race control also stays in contact with Sarnia traffic and the race course patrol boats on the VHF marine frequencies. It has been a couple of years but I believe the Hydro's did the same thing when they were here racing.

seamusg

yooper927 said:
When the offshore races are here in St. Clair, GMRS radio frequencies are used for race control. Race control also stays in contact with Sarnia traffic and the race course patrol boats on the VHF marine frequencies. It has been a couple of years but I believe the Hydro's did the same thing when they were here racing.
Also note St. Clair Co. Marine are now on MPSCS.

yooper927 said:

Yes we lost a lot of money on the Hydro boats 2 years ago. St Clair did not advertise the race well at all. I live just a few blocks from the river / park where the race is at and plan on doing some listening this year to the race traffic

cpitre said:
I thought the race was between Detroit and Belle Isle.

Yes this race is. Kind of went off on a tangent when I mentioned the upcoming off shore boat race in ST Clair MI. Then it was mentioned that the FRS frequencies were used in both the Hydro race we had up there and the Off shore race.

2 and 3 years ago there were both Hydroplane races in Detroit and St Clair. The gold cup is in Detroit and there was a second race in the St Clair river. But they were not advertised very well and a lot of money was lost. One of other main issues were the constant interruptions of the races due to the Freighters coming down the river through the race course.

St Clair race info here http://www.stclairrace.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.