• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HYT TM-610 Programming

Soundy

So I have a box of these donated TM-610Vs. I initially programmed a couple using one of those "8-in-1 universal cables" on the Kenwood RJ45 plug and a copy of HM600E I picked up from a dealer (out of town location so I can't just drop by). The 8-in-1 failed somewhere along the way (UART was gone) but I figured I could use my KPG-46X.

The software sees the radio, the radio goes into PROGRAM mode, and in SOME instances will start to read, but eventually the radio shows RETRY and the CPS fails with a "check all connections" message (sometimes it just sits at 0% for several seconds and then bails).

I've tried both 3.01 and 5.02 of the software. I've tried the latest drivers from Kenwood, the same drivers direct from Silicon Labs (11.something), as well as older drivers from Silicon Labs (6.2.something). I've dialed the COM port all the way back to 2400 and 1200 baud, cranked it up to 19,200, tried with both hardware and XON/XOFF flow control (as well as none), and even tried disabling the UART buffers. So far 3.01 with XON/XOFF at 2400 baud seems to work the best... but it still fails by the time it hits 10% reading from the radio.

I have a laptop right now that's dedicated to this and is specifically running Windows 10; I MAY have been using a different Win7 laptop when I programmed it successfully before, but I can't be sure. The drivers say they're compatible up to Win10. I HAVE programmed Kenwood radios from this laptop as well, so I know the cable is good and compatible with Win10.

One thing I haven't tried yet is running the software in compatibility mode for older Windows. Anyone have any other tricks I could try? I've run through this process with two different radios now (including one I successfully programmed before) with identical results both times.

Seems odd to die that soon in the transfer process, it's like some error checking is going on and failing. The latest USB drivers I have are for win 11 only per Hytera. You've done all the com port stuff I can think of.