• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hytera 782i

N5WMT

Premium Subscriber
I'm having a programming issue with the above UHF radio. CPS=V9.00.09.306.iM.NAZ,Firmware=A9.00.09.520.iN. Radio runs fine on analog. On Digital there is intermittent voice heard on transmission along with a horizontal arrow moving left to right. The same arrow moves right to left on receive and receiving voice is clear. I have been through the complete program in excess of 8 times and can not seem to find the problem. Any help appreciated.

cgservice

I'm having a programming issue with the above UHF radio. CPS=V9.00.09.306.iM.NAZ,Firmware=A9.00.09.520.iN. Radio runs fine on analog. On Digital there is intermittent voice heard on transmission along with a horizontal arrow moving left to right. The same arrow moves right to left on receive and receiving voice is clear. I have been through the complete program in excess of 8 times and can not seem to find the problem. Any help appreciated.
You can try to do a factory reset...

rmetcalf

Premium Subscriber
Can you share a picture of the Channel settings in your CPS

N5WMT

Premium Subscriber
Here are the screen shots of my settings

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    126.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    156.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    136.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    123.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    131 KB · Views: 3

rmetcalf

Premium Subscriber
The voice you're hearing, is it another Amateur radio station?

N5WMT

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I can hear both digital and analog stations and can transmit and receive analog well. My issue is on digital. When I transmit the receiving station hears my voice bit it's really choppy. In addition on the display an arrow moves from left to right across the screen. When the PTT is released the arrow reverses direction until the repeater times out.

rmetcalf

Premium Subscriber
Yeah the arrows on the screen indicate the direction of the traffic. What your describing is normal for the Display screen.

For the audio, that's really odd. It's almost like your radio isn't reaching the repeater really well, it's sporadic. How strong is your RSSI on RX?
How far away is this repeater you're talking to?

N5WMT

Premium Subscriber
I can hear my voice on a hand held giving a 5 count it's just really choppy at about the same timing as the arrows.
On analog there are no arrows on TX/RX and can have a normal QSO . So arrows are normal on digital?

rmetcalf

Premium Subscriber
Yes, those arrows are normal on digital. It's just the User Interface.

How close is your handheld to the Radio your talking on?
It sounds like Desense. The radio you're listening on is too close to the TX radio which is overpowering your RX radio's receiver.

N5WMT

Premium Subscriber
Mmm, you might have something there. XYL was on a hand held indoors and I was transmitting on low power through a good antenna system. Let me check further. Really appreciate your input.
Probably be this weekend before I can back to this.

rmetcalf

Premium Subscriber
You can always just get on one of the Talk Groups and ask someone for a radio check. There's also a Radio Test TG, I think it's 98. It's like a Parrot. You TX and it records it and TX it back to you so you can hear what your voice sounds like.

N5WMT

Premium Subscriber
You can always just get on one of the Talk Groups and ask someone for a radio check. There's also a Radio Test TG, I think it's 98. It's like a Parrot. You TX and it records it and TX it back to you so you can hear what your voice sounds like.
Many thanks to all who responded. problem resolved.