• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hytera /Anytone dmr compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this applies, but the other day there was a thread about VFO mode using promiscuous function. Very easy to monitor by just dialing in the frequency and enabling promiscuous for both time slot. The catch is the radio most be showing DIG in the display and not ANA. Reference is to Anytone radio.
Good Luck!
Mike

icomboy

Not sure if this applies, but the other day there was a thread about VFO mode using promiscuous function. Very easy to monitor by just dialing in the frequency and enabling promiscuous for both time slot. The catch is the radio most be showing DIG in the display and not ANA. Reference is to Anytone radio.
Good Luck!
Mike
The Anytone is great for this function because it acts as a digital scanner and you can listen to all sorts of transmissions if you use promiscuous mode. It even tells you what cc the transmission is using so if you use another scanner or radio you dont have to scroll through 15 ccs to find them. It doesn't work in analogue though. You can use promiscuous mode in ch mode also

dazey77

Someone else already said this but I couldn't see any confirmation that all the radios have different IDs? each radio needs a different DMR ID and none of them should be the same as the talk group ids you are using. E.g. out of the box most radios will probably have an ID of 1

As you have anytones in the system you can also open them up to see what the hyteras are transmitting by using the dual slot digital monitor, which will open up to anything and show you all the IDs/slots etc the hytera is transmitting

icomboy

I think the Anytone default is 12345678 the hytera is different but the hytera picks up local business dmrs and they are all different users and they show their id numbers on both the Anytone and the hytera. It makes no difference what the I'd numbers are its just the hytera will not receive the Anytone under any circumstances. I keep changing small settings on both ends but no luck so far.

icomboy

Someone else already said this but I couldn't see any confirmation that all the radios have different IDs? each radio needs a different DMR ID and none of them should be the same as the talk group ids you are using. E.g. out of the box most radios will probably have an ID of 1

As you have anytones in the system you can also open them up to see what the hyteras are transmitting by using the dual slot digital monitor, which will open up to anything and show you all the IDs/slots etc the hytera is transmitting
Also I forgot to mention the hytera I usually leave in pseudo mode which technically is auto time slot so it jumps between 1 and 2 and talks back on any available slot on a repeater but in simplex I just set it to 1 as the Anytone.

I haven’t managed to get sms to work between hytera and anytone, or any gps functionality between the two.
Look at Hytera's conventional / digital common / basic / misc settings and change
data bearer service to compressed IP.

As for the Anytone to Hytera voice, do you have an RX group list for the Hytera? 'None' should work for just the TX talk group but maybe creating a group list would work.

Have you tried mixed mode on the PD785 just for the heck of it? It doesn't make sense to try it but it doesn't make sense it's not working now. Maybe 2 no senses will cancel out.

icomboy

I've found in the past if you set rx group as none on the hytera it received absolutely nothing from anywhere. It only seems to work if you set rx group as group 1. I'll try the other settings as I have nothing to lose. Its as dead as a dodo with the 868 and 878 however the pd785 picks up amateur and commercial stations. It really just doesn't like the Anytone at all. Thanks for your help.

This no RX group works from a PD682i to another one. Changing to an RX group with just TG1 works too.

Attachments

• no RX group.jpg
    no RX group.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 22

Sputnik1

hello all

just been skimming this thread and as it happens I have had an identical scenario when working simplex Hytera PD7 series radios with early ENTEL DX units EVERYTHING in both programs suggested they were totally compatible but I still ended up with one model not talking to the other

ie:

PD > PD = OK
DX > DX = OK
PD > HX = OK
HX > PD = No RX......

as this was causing grief I raised the issue with Entel who passed it back to their R+D

Result came back that the deviation setting was different in the HX - when they adjusted it all worked OK

My understanding is they re-jigged all new builds thereafter.

I Hope this helps

Merry Christmas all !!

regds

Sputnik 1

Status
Not open for further replies.