• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hytera BP565 programming issue

rjk1

Hi All

I have an issue with my new BP565's.

I have programmed them to Simple UK Analogue frequencies so that they both talk to an existing fleet of analogue radios. This is working fine and all radios can recieve and transmit to eachother.

I would like to be able to have a private call between the two Hyteras, however I do not get the Contacts option when on an analogue channel. If I swap to one of the digital frequencies, I can go to contacts and call the other radio. The top status light changes to green on the recieving radio but nothing can be heard.

Basically what I want to acheive is to have them on the analogue frequencies as default, then if i need to make a private call to the other Hytera I can.

Thank you all in advance!

YL3IM

It's under Conventional -> Analog Services. And in top menu Option -> Preferences you can choose the actual analog signaling type: either HDC1200/2-tone or 5-tone.

Attachments

• BP565_1.png
    BP565_1.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 4
  • BP565_2.png
    BP565_2.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 4

YL3IM

Well, I just checked with CPS V1.5.08 for AP/BP series: it does have 2-Tone option, but it requires a license.

Attachments

• BP565_11.png
    BP565_11.png
    317.8 KB · Views: 4
  • BP565_12.png
    BP565_12.png
    244.3 KB · Views: 4
  • BP565_13.png
    BP565_13.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 4

rjk1

Well, I just checked with CPS V1.5.08 for AP/BP series: it does have 2-Tone option, but it requires a license.
Just saw that too, unfortunatley I don't have the license!

Bit of a pain, nice radios and if i could get the private calling working they would be great. Without that they aren't much use to me unfortunatley :(

dazey77

i don’t see why this can’t work if you use digital between the two. I see you tried that and it didn’t work but that must be a programing issue and it certainly can work. There is no reason you can’t do a private digital call between the two if the radios are set up correctly

issue might that while you can make digital calls between the two, I think you need them listening for both digital and analog.

Not sure if BPs can do mixed receive on a channel, some hytera do. Other way would be having them scan between analog and digital channels

Last edited:

rjk1

i don’t see why this can’t work if you use digital between the two. I see you tried that and it didn’t work but that must be a programing issue and it certainly can work. There is no reason you can’t do a private digital call between the two if the radios are set up correctly

issue might that while you can make digital calls between the two, I think you need them listening for both digital and analog.

Not sure if BPs can do mixed receive on a channel, some hytera do. Other way would be having them scan between analog and digital channels
Hi @dazey77

They work absolutely fine when both on digital, you are spot on, the issue is when one is on the analogue channel. Without them both being on the digital channels then no private call can be made. This makes is difficult as the other use won’t know when I want to make a private call and they won’t know to switch to the digital channel.

In my naivety I just thought this model would be able to receive a digital call whilst on the analogue channels.

dazey77

if it can, there will be an option to have a channel set as a hybrid. Just don’t know if this model has the option. Hytera is a bit mixed on which models have mixed channels.
Or you set each analog channel to auto scan between the analog channel and the digital one.

rjk1

if it can, there will be an option to have a channel set as a hybrid. Just don’t know if this model has the option. Hytera is a bit mixed on which models have mixed channels.
Or you set each analog channel to auto scan between the analog channel and the digital one.
I don’t think this model can unfortunately.

Do you know of any other Hytera models or Motorolas that can?

dazey77

Just checked a couple of my cps
Pd365 does mix receive
HP685 does mix receive. Probably the entire hp series does

dazey77

examples from the 2 CPS

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 14.12.58.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 14.12.58.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 14.13.09.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 14.13.09.png
    271.5 KB · Views: 5

dazey77

Just checked and the main PD series (firmware 9) also does (I checked a PD985 and X1P). Chance that the BP series will get it too in later firmware, its still early days for BP.