• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hytera files chapter 11 bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irvine, CA, May 26, 2020 – Hytera America, Inc. and Hytera Communications America (West), Inc. announced today they filed voluntary petitions for relief under chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California (Santa Ana Division). Through this routine financial restructuring, Hytera will work to continue serving and supporting its dealers and customers. Hytera intends to use the restructuring process to address the challenges caused by ongoing litigation and the COVID-19 impact for the purpose of preserving its business operations in the U.S.

Hytera America has evaluated various options to optimize its business operations and implemented various operational changes to improve its logistical efficiency. “Nearly twenty years ago, Hytera began partnering with American dealers and bringing the most innovative and valuable land mobile radio (LMR) solutions to the market, while constantly seeking to improve support and service to our dealers and customers,” said Alla Huang, President of Hytera America. “We remain committed to our tradition of excellence and are confident in our sustainable growth for the future. We look forward to introducing our new product lines such as Hytera HALO Nationwide Group Communications, a total solution of PoC hardware, software and cloud services, as well as facial recognition and temperature-measuring integrated access control solution, and next generation digital mobile radio (DMR).”

Two-way radios are an essential tool in crisis management. Hytera America and its dealers are working together to provide effective communications solutions for the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. Hytera America has donated two-way radios to multiple hospitals to support healthcare professionals, especially in hard hit cities such as New York. Since the time the stay-at-home orders were put in place, Hytera America has implemented a comprehensive plan to both keep its employees safe and to continue essential operations that include product delivery, repairs, and services.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Yay! Not that I'm totally completely unquestionably on Motorola's side in every imaginable respect, but because I despise all things Chinese with a passion reserved for our true enemies...red communists. And China is red communist, so...was that a surprise?

Richard Nixon made a huge mistake to deal with China. I was maybe eight years old when that happened and even then I knew it was a mistake.. The only thing to do with regard to communists is to block them from progress or destroy them completely. Not sorry for saying it. I am a child of the Cold War and a student of it as well. My father took an active hand in fighting it as pilot of the USAF RC-135 electronic reconnaissance aircraft during the Vietnam war. He told me and taught me enough to know that the true enemy is always the red one.

Of course Motorola should ensure that their entire product line is zero percent Chinese sourced, eventually. It'd be great to bring work back to America, but literally, Anywhere But China is a good enough answer. Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Mexico, Canada, any European country.

mancow

Database Admin
Yay! Not that I'm totally completely unquestionably on Motorola's side in every imaginable respect, but because I despise all things Chinese with a passion reserved for our true enemies...red communists. And China is red communist, so...was that a surprise?

Richard Nixon made a huge mistake to deal with China. I was maybe eight years old when that happened and even then I knew it was a mistake.. The only thing to do with regard to communists is to block them from progress or destroy them completely. Not sorry for saying it. I am a child of the Cold War and a student of it as well. My father took an active hand in fighting it as pilot of the USAF RC-135 electronic reconnaissance aircraft during the Vietnam war. He told me and taught me enough to know that the true enemy is always the red one.

Of course Motorola should ensure that their entire product line is zero percent Chinese sourced, eventually. It'd be great to bring work back to America, but literally, Anywhere But China is a good enough answer. Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Mexico, Canada, any European country.

Perfectly stated.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Chinese culture doesn't see taking what we call intellectual property as wrong. They don't subscribe to the notion that I can make something but you're not allowed to make the same things. It's unfettered competition over there, totally without rules aside from the rules of the communist party.

Only a fool would hire a Chinese student to work for him. It just guarantees that your ideas and products will soon be made by the Chinese and you won't get any of the money for it.

Our entire defense industry needs to dramatically increase its security over all knowledge and designs, and NOT permit any workers who are here on a visa of any kind. Sensitive information needs to be airgapped from the general internet, even going to sneakernet for the most highly classified programs and information regarding them.

wowologist

Certifiable
LOL this will be nothing but a rebranding now. Wont even be a roadblock. The good thing is that no (that I can recall) "official" entity in the US actually uses Hytera products. Maybe business's like Costco and trucking, tow truck companies etc. (and the amateur radio part of the company TYT) will feel a momentary pause while they rebrand, but in the end it will still be the same company, same people at the helm. Look at Baofeng...upwards of 17 dif. types/branding of the identical products to spew out into the worldwide markets. The only thing thats going to stun chi-com is China itself and the communist party collapsing.

N4KVE

LOL this will be nothing but a rebranding now. Wont even be a roadblock. The good thing is that no (that I can recall) "official" entity in the US actually uses Hytera products. Maybe business's like Costco and trucking, tow truck companies etc.
Every Jet Blue gate employee at every US airport uses a Hytera DMR radio. Also, even though the case was tried in the US, Moto wants the punishment enforced world wide. Hytera is the second largest 2-way mfr in the world, & the largest mfr of Tetra radios. They can not be compared with CCR’s like Baofeng, Wouxun, & TYT.

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
LOL this will be nothing but a rebranding now. Wont even be a roadblock. The good thing is that no (that I can recall) "official" entity in the US actually uses Hytera products. Maybe business's like Costco and trucking, tow truck companies etc. (and the amateur radio part of the company TYT) will feel a momentary pause while they rebrand, but in the end it will still be the same company, same people at the helm. Look at Baofeng...upwards of 17 dif. types/branding of the identical products to spew out into the worldwide markets. The only thing thats going to stun chi-com is China itself and the communist party collapsing.

Actually Hytera managed to take a lot of market share away from Motorola, Kenwood, and Icom. All 3 of them took big hits from Hytera. There are a lot of sizable entities using Hytera radios, from the lowest tier models up to the professional tier models. With the aggressive sales strategy from a few years ago, they sold a lot of radios into the market for a very low price. It allowed them to capture a lot of market share by offering a killer price for brand new DMR radios while taking in trades of other brands to switch the customers over.

N4KVE

In North America, P25 is the chosen LE/FD/first responder digital mode. For the rest of the world, it’s Tetra. And Hytera is the largest Tetra radio mfr in the world. If you see photos of cops in far away countries, they carry Hytera radios. Moto is pi$$ed that Hytera took a slice of their pie, & ”in my opinion” this was payback.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
In North America, P25 is the chosen LE/FD/first responder digital mode. For the rest of the world, it’s Tetra. And Hytera is the largest Tetra radio mfr in the world. If you see photos of cops in far away countries, they carry Hytera radios. Moto is pi$$ed that Hytera took a slice of their pie, & ”in my opinion” this was payback.

Or...it could have something to do with Hytera admitting they had Motorola "source code" in their firmware.

N4KVE

But did the Moto employees who stole the data from Motorola tell Hytera “if you hire us, we will supply you with stolen Moto data“, or did they simply go to work for Hytera, & pretend they created the new data when working for Hytera? I’m trying to find out the timeline of events, but I’m still trying to figure out who killed JFK.

dvendt

I'm a cold war vet. I couldn't agree with you more. US Army 1982-1985, RI Army National Guard 1985-1986, RI Air National Guard 1986-1990.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Every Jet Blue gate employee at every US airport uses a Hytera DMR radio. Also, even though the case was tried in the US, Moto wants the punishment enforced world wide. Hytera is the second largest 2-way mfr in the world, & the largest mfr of Tetra radios. They can not be compared with CCR’s like Baofeng, Wouxun, & TYT.

There is a major mall her in Ontario that uses Hytera radios. They went from XPR's to Hytera, which I thought was more of downgrade, however they are about the same price as the XPR's anyway. As well, the biggest transit system in Canada just switched to TETRA using Hytera radios. The interesting part of all of this is that if Motorola will just acquire Hytera just like they just vertex under their wing back in 2011.

P25 is also a standerd for public safety in Australia and the city of Manilla in the Philippines starting using a P25 system a few years ago. I believe Hong Kong is also using P25, but I am not 100% sure but outside of of that North America and Australia, Tetra is the international standerd.

Status
Not open for further replies.