Hytera LTD sues Motorola Solutions over anti-competitive action claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFI-EMI-GUY

That was just Jake and Elwood Blues

(I'm sorry, but your description made me do it)
Best movie ever.

Totally by chance I encountered the filming of a scene at the end of a highway that was still under construction. I think it was route 53.

There were Chicago Police Cars and a Semi Truck. A CPD police car was driven up a ramp and crashed into the semi trailer which was filled with empty cardboard boxes.

The Joiliet prison was still there last time I drove through, about 2009 and it looked abandoned, yet still much like in the movie.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I suppose if the Moto worshippers read how big M contributed to the deaths of 343 FF and medics, they might think twice about awarding contracts written such that no other company could fulfill the terms. Personally I hope Hytera LTD prevails.

Wait. What the **** are you smoking?

Unless Motorola hired the 19 hijackers to get in those airplanes, they contributed zero to that terrorist attack.

Keep your conspiracy theory bull**** away from the sacrifices my first responder brethren made that day.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Best movie ever.

Totally by chance I encountered the filming of a scene at the end of a highway that was still under construction. I think it was route 53.

There were Chicago Police Cars and a Semi Truck. A CPD police car was driven up a ramp and crashed into the semi trailer which was filled with empty cardboard boxes.

The Joiliet prison was still there last time I drove through, about 2009 and it looked abandoned, yet still much like in the movie.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

12dbsinad

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

I bet those cops have got SCMODS.........SCMODS?

State County Municipal Offender Data System.

Mork

Premium Subscriber
Wait. What the **** are you smoking?

Unless Motorola hired the 19 hijackers to get in those airplanes, they contributed zero to that terrorist attack.

Keep your conspiracy theory bull**** away from the sacrifices my first responder brethren made that day.

Hold on pal before you misconstrue my post. Read the book or at least the excerpts written by my brothers at the FDNY (yes I am former NYC*EMS and one of the first Medics in the city). I worked the Medic unit that ran the 911 calls at the WTC and had I been working, would have been first in. The radios that were used that day had never been field tested. No-one heard the evacuation order because, among other things, the radio system and the XTS3000 radios sucked.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Just got back from Hytera booth at IWCE. This company is doing great stuff with DMR. No wonder Motorola is freaking...

RFI-EMI-GUY

Hold on pal before you misconstrue my post. Read the book or at least the excerpts written by my brothers at the FDNY (yes I am former NYC*EMS and one of the first Medics in the city). I worked the Medic unit that ran the 911 calls at the WTC and had I been working, would have been first in. The radios that were used that day had never been field tested. No-one heard the evacuation order because, among other things, the radio system and the XTS3000 radios sucked.
The story I read in the NIST report is that in the months leading up to 9/11, FDNY had stopped using the digital radios because a fire fighter's transmission was missed because of doubling of transmissions, which is far worse in digital than analog.

So on the day of 9/11, they were actually using old analog radios they had all along.

One can surmise they might not have been in tip top shape, being old radios, but on that morning, they were the "proven tech" that FDNY preferred.

There was a cross band repeater, UHF from the command center to a batallion chiefs vehicle where high power VHF is the fire ground channel.

Also a repeater of some sort in the building itself, wired to a handset in the lobby.

Because of the collapse, those in command were killed, and with them any after action report on those radios.

This paraphrased from NIST report slides, so please no flames....

The problem of guaranteeing coverage into critical structures often requires internal equipment like BDA or DAS, that rely on cabling which is vulnerable to physical destruction.

There really is no perfect solution for fire ground communications. I would be the first to opine that perhaps P25 digital isn't the best solution. The KISS principal, with simplex analog radios, are probably as good as you can do.

I don't think there is any shortage of blame to go around regarding 9/11. The radios certainly were taxed, as were fire fighter's ascending all those stairwells.

This disaster/terror/crime was in the making for decades, longer if you consider the geopolitical triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.