Hytera / Motorola DMR compatibility question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kk4mei

I know that the repeaters are not comparable but could 2 Motorola HT's receive messages through a Hytera repeater or vise verse 2 Hytera HT's through a Motorola repeater?

N4KVE

Yes. here in Florida we have a system with 7 linked Hytera repeaters. 99% of the users are using Motorola radios, but a few are using Hytera, & CS700 radios.

K

kk4mei

Yes. here in Florida we have a system with 7 linked Hytera repeaters. 99% of the users are using Motorola radios, but a few are using Hytera, & CS700 radios.

can text mesages be sent between motorola radios?

K

kk4mei

Tested this out today and yes you can text from radio to radio through a repeater of a different manufacture.

I successfully sent text to Germany through a hytera repeater using a motorola XPR 7550 and recived confirmation back.

What you can not do is sent text from a motorola radio to a Hytera radio.

jwpayne2

Premium Subscriber
Hytera / Motorola DMR Compatibility

Text Messages sent by Hytera HT to Hytera HT through MotoTRBO repeater or MotoTRBO HT to MotoTRBO HT through Hytera repeater will go through. The portable radio generates the RF signal with data in the carrier the signal is passed through the repeater unchanged and the receiver accepts the signal therefore the HT's will get the text messages. It is not the repeaters that are not compatible, voice is unaffected and will be heard by all models of radios in DMR. The protocol Motorola set up for there text messaging is what is not compatible.

This all assumes I understood your question correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.