• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hytera PD705lt read password in CPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berrycomms

I have a PD705lt my son aquired from somewhere. Naturally we'd like to reprogram it. Trouble is, every CPS I have access to comes up with a requirement for a read password entry. We have no idea what the password might be, the 'default' password sometimes referred to, 88888888, doesn't work. Having been told that doing a firmware upgrade should reset such things I've spend quite a few hours trying that. As the radio has no display, I can't easily find out what the current firmware is. The V9 upgrade sofware gives a message which includes V5.00. Working on that principle I've started upgrade at V6.0. Nothing works. The usual message is 'the model number is beyond the upgrade software'. The actual model is PD705-0000000L-0000E0-U1-0-A. Anybodies thoughts on the subject of what to try next will be gratefully received.

Berrycomms

A little PS. I ran the Hytera DM Tuner program. It still needed a password BUT it did display the Radio Information. The firmware is A5.00.15.001. Now, if I read the Hytera stuff correctly I either need CPS V5.00 or the firmware upgrade to V5.05.13.005 - but I can't seem to find either of them.

phadobas

Normally, a CPS has an option to reset the configuration to factory defaults. On the top, click on Program -> Reset Default Data.

I've use this successfully in the past.

Berrycomms

Yes it has. I've tried lots of CPS versions starting at V6 but I can't find anything lower. The Reset Default Data just gives a file not found error..
There's a lot of differing information flying about, one thing I've been told is that the 705lt can't have it's firmware upgraded beyong V5 anyway, but other information seems to contradict this. I've even managed to find a CPS apparently specifically for the 705lt radio but as this is V9 it may not work with the V5 firmware the radio has.

dazey77

What firmware updates have you tried? Have you tried jumping straight to V7 or V8? I can't easily find anything pre this point.

Berrycomms

I have lots of firmware upgrades from V6 on up to the latest V9. Evidence seems to suggest that the 705lt is NOT firware upgradable. The upgrade programs read the radio but always come up with an error. Looks like I'm not going to be able to reset the passwords using this method. I think I need a way to completely reset the radio without using the CPS etc. So far I haven't found anything to hint that this might be possible.

dazey77

Good luck, I am afraid you have tried everything that I would have at this point!

0xFF1E071F

I have a PD705lt my son aquired from somewhere. Naturally we'd like to reprogram it. Trouble is, every CPS I have access to comes up with a requirement for a read password entry. We have no idea what the password might be, the 'default' password sometimes referred to, 88888888, doesn't work. Having been told that doing a firmware upgrade should reset such things I've spend quite a few hours trying that. As the radio has no display, I can't easily find out what the current firmware is. The V9 upgrade sofware gives a message which includes V5.00. Working on that principle I've started upgrade at V6.0. Nothing works. The usual message is 'the model number is beyond the upgrade software'. The actual model is PD705-0000000L-0000E0-U1-0-A. Anybodies thoughts on the subject of what to try next will be gratefully received.
Hello!
I am so sorry for replying to your message after that much months. Did you solve the problem? If so how did you?

If you cannot, i might help you. Waiting for your reply!

Radiokot

Hello!
I am so sorry for replying to your message after that much months. Did you solve the problem? If so how did you?

If you cannot, i might help you. Waiting for your reply!
Hi, I have a very similar problem, do you know the solution? How can we contact each other?

0xFF1E071F

Hi, I have a very similar problem, do you know the solution? How can we contact each other?
Hello Radiokot, please read this post from me and apply the instructions:

timmmygb

Hey, I have just purchased an MD652 which is read write password protected, I've tried everythign i can find, (Exept firmware update) waiting for a cable capable of firmware updates.. Any ideas in the meantime?

0xFF1E071F

Hey, I have just purchased an MD652 which is read write password protected, I've tried everythign i can find, (Exept firmware update) waiting for a cable capable of firmware updates.. Any ideas in the meantime?
Hello Timmy, as i mentioned before please read this post from me:

And do the steps.

0xFF1E071F

Problem solved :cool:

N9CBS

Premium Subscriber
firmware update on md782 and still has write password and read is blocked
Any ideas?

0xFF1E071F

firmware update on md782 and still has write password and read is blocked
Any ideas?

hello N9CBS , please read this post from me and apply the instructions:

Status
Not open for further replies.