i 69 north closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Agentblack

I 69 northbound is CLOSED at exit 5. All traffic is being diverted off onto 116th st or state road 37 N. Unknown how long road will be closed. Road closed due to accident. Alt. Routes are strongly encouraged.

IndyRick

Fox 59 is reporting is as a 13 car accident with 1 confirmed fatality. They're also reporting that north AND southbound lanes are closed.

A

Agentblack

Fox 59 is reporting is as a 13 car accident with 1 confirmed fatality. They're also reporting that north AND southbound lanes are closed.

THAT IS NOT CORRECT BY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION.:mad:

Update: I 69 n is CLOSED at the 5mm. ALL TRAFFIC is being forced off at the 5mm. Also 96th st to get ONTO i69 n is also closed due to wrong way drivers trying to use the ramp to get off the interstate. SOUTHBOUND lanes of I 69 are STILL OPEN, but are SLOW going.

THERE IS NO 13 CAR ACCIDENT. It is a SINGLE vech. accident with a single fatality.

W9NES

The accident was a Fatal. It was a person who stepped out in front of a semi according to Fishers Police who are investigating the accident along with Indiana State Police. Just to make location clear to the group this was on I-69 at the 5 Milemarker which is SR37 and 116Th Street.Exit from Northbound I-69 in Hamilton County.

Last edited:
A

Agentblack

The accident occurred at the 9 mile marker, the interstate is expected to be open within the next 30mins.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
As of 4pm, the INDOT traffic camera at I-69 MM5.0 shows NB I-69 traffic to be jammed with mostly semi-trucks, but NB SR 37 can still exit. Based on the other cameras on I-69, NB traffic is backed up to at least 96th St.

The camera at MM 9.1 still shows police blocking the NB lanes as of 16:07.

Last edited:

W9NES

Indiana State Police NewsRelease that I have just received said that this happened at the 5 Milemarker with a person who stepped out in front of a semi.This was a suicide.*Quoted direct from the ISP News Release that I just received by e-mail. Weds 2-1-2012 4:11PM

W9NES

ISP Dist 52 is advising all 52 Units on Traffic Control on I-69 to retrun to district and I-69 is opening per Sheriff of Hamilton County Radio Traffic Safe-t Talkgroup 4192 Weds 2-1-2012 4:00PM

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
At 16:11, the MM 9.1 camera still shows police blocking the NB lanes while a tilt-bed wrecker loads a car. The MM 5.0 camera shows traffic moving.

At 16:14, the MM 9.1 camera is clear.

W9NES

W9RXR ,Thanks for the update but all Dist 52 Units have been pulled off of the traffic detail on I-69 are are going back to their patrol zones.Police might be blocking the NB lanes but Sheriff of Hamilton County advised Dist 52 that I-69 was opening.Fishers and Hamilton County are on the scene at 16:21Hrs 4:21PM Weds 2-1-2012.

A

Agentblack

all Ham Co units are in service from the run, there are no units still out on the interstate at this time. Traffic should resume to normal traffic patterns within a few hours.

bamx2

Why is it so hard to accept what some one else says?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

A

Agentblack

Why is it so hard to accept what some one else says?

because not all of the information posted on the breaking news section is correct.

A

Agentblack

Indiana State Police NewsRelease that I have just received said that this happened at the 5 Milemarker with a person who stepped out in front of a semi.This was a suicide.*Quoted direct from the ISP News Release that I just received by e-mail. Weds 2-1-2012 4:11PM

That news release is not correct either, the incident happened about 100-300 ft SOUTH OF 9.1mm in the northbound lanes. Communications center asked ISP to CLOSE the interstate at the exit 5 to prevent a further back up on the interstate.

The rest of the information that you posted is correct, other than the location.

W9NES

After Checking the 52 TMC web site for traffic cameras in that area of the Fatal all lanes are OPEN and running. Weds 2-1-2012 (16:37 Hrs) 4:37PM

bamx2

I wasn't referencing you. Someone else here can't accept when the post wrong info.

Status
Not open for further replies.