I-70 -- Tanker

Status
Not open for further replies.

RISC777

Evergreen Fire called for mutual aid with Clear Creek for a semi tanker fully engulfed east bound I-70 at mile marker 243.

edit: Tankers 1 and 2 rolled around 22:30. Tanker still fully engulfed. Entire freeway shut down.

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
RISC777 said:
Evergreen Fire called for mutual aid with Clear Creek for a semi tanker fully engulfed east bound I-70 at mile marker 243.

edit: Tankers 1 and 2 rolled around 22:30. Tanker still fully engulfed. Entire freeway shut down.

EB closed, WB closed, Central City FD also enroute now with a tanker, down water users "coors brewery" being notified, Capt enroute from Frisco and hazmat and MCSAP from Golden.

Fire is not U/C.

Jim<

RISC777

Additional tower called for around 22:45 from Evergreen station two.

Last edited:

papaelk

CLOSED: EB I-70 1 mCLOSED: I-70 both directions at Hidden Valley due to vehicle fire. Frontage road detour in place.ile east of Idaho Springs due to vehicle fire. Frontage road detour in place.

Attachments

• tankerfire.gif
    tankerfire.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

papaelk

clock Aug 18, 2006 11:04 pm US/Mountain
Trailer Lights Up In Flames, Closes I-70
By Jesse Sarles, cbs4denver.com

(CBS4) DENVER A trailer that was pulled over on the side of the Interstate 70 1 mile east of Idaho Springs Friday night lit up in flames and sent such thick smoke out that Colorado State Patrol officers closed the entire highway.

Traffic was being diverted onto a frontage road at 10:45 p.m.

The driver of the vehicle apparently was unharmed and no other injuries were reported.

At one point the fire was seemingly extinguished but then 20 to 30 foot flames poured from the vehicle once again.

Colorado State Patrol officials said there was possibly a plastic-based object or chemical in the trailer.

Attachments

• tankerfire01.jpg
    tankerfire01.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.