I-80 Parleys 24hr closure -- NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

KT7L

The first weekend of I-80 Parley's Cyn. total road closure is starting right now -- Controlled by UHP with lot's of patches to VECC. I can't monitor the SLC side of things from Park City, however.

Could be interesting before it will be supposedly reopened Sunday 4pm. 1 bridge today, and 2 bridges the same time next weekend.

Observer1

Doubt it will get too interesting. They're not moving these bridges like the ones before, they actually built these next to where they go, so they just have to lift the old one out, drop the new one in, no rollers etc. That's why they're doing it so quickly. The bigger impact is the exit at Lambs/Mt Dell both being closed for the next 3-4 weeks. Makes it very difficult to get to Mt Dell Golf Course/George Washington Park.

It's actually 2 bridges today and 2 bridges next week (One each at Lambs Canyon and Mt Dell)

There's not much to do on the SL side of things this weekend as it's the WB closure, only one Trooper is assigned. Section 4 will obviously be more involved next week on the EB closure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.