I-85 Traffic Enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
While travelling on I-85 south of Atlanta Wednesday, I saw a CARROLL COUNTY DEPUTY patrolling traffic on I-85 just south of Grantville at the Coweta/Meriwether County line. Anyone have a clue as to why one of Carroll's deputys would be there, other than "unable to read his GPS"?

EndorphinRush

Probably part of the West Georgia Drug Task Force, its a joint effort including the FBI, GBI, Bowdon Police Dept., Carroll Sheriff's Office, Heard Sheriff's Office, Meriwether Sheriffs Office and Villa Rica Police Department.

I live in carroll county and we see Meriwether over at the Jail weekly.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Was he patrolling or maybe enroute to/ returning from another jurisdiction? I've seen out of state cars in the metro area, once I even saw a Kentucky State Police car, two in the front and one in the back (behind the cage).

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
I-85

Thanks, Endorphin. I appreeciate the information. And Mike, he was clearly working traffic as he was sitting in the median right at the county line "working" the southbound side of the interstate.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
CCSO and MCSO deputies assinged to the highway interdiction and drug units are cross deputized into both counties giving them jurisdiction in both counties. (this is what you saw)

Also, GA law gives statewide jurisdiction to all officer/deputies for traffic enforcement.
Also some deputies/investigators from these two counties are part of a federal drug task force and are sworn in as special deputy US Marshals giving them nationwide federal jurisdiction for drug crimes.

Attachments

• carroll county . MCSO ICE SO.jpg
    carroll county . MCSO ICE SO.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 906
Status
Not open for further replies.