I-95 between Ft.Lauderdale and Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSpray

Anyone have any frequencies to monitor police activity on I-95 between the Ft.Lauderdale and Miami areas?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me with these frequencies.
I am completely new to scanners, but am trying to learn. I just got a Uniden BC785D with the digital chip.

Mozilla

FHP

You need to go to the Florida section of the RR database and the data for the State of Florida system is where you need to get your programming info from.

SSpray

I browsed though that section, but was unable to find specifically what I am looking for.
I am hoping someone out there has the specific ones.

Thanks

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
They are all trunked systems along I-95 from West Palm Beach down to Miami. The State is digital Motorola and most of the other agencies are trunked analog.

What exactly are you looking for?

precoislen

Are you ever in for a treat, listening to a scanner in the S. Florida area.

Anyway, like it was said it depends on what you are looking to scan while traveling I-95.
Dade County travels you will need the Dade County PD, which operates on an EDACS system. The Miami PD, which I saw frequently on the 95 corridor, operate on an Motorola Trunking system.

Broward County operates on it's own Motorola system.
Just depends on how much you want to listen to, as all these systems are constantly busy.

Keep in mind that the FHP in S. Florida will be making the migration to an EDACS Pro-Voice statewide system in the near future, and that type of system is currently unmonitorable by any scanner user.

SSpray

Thanks guys.
Sounds like I am in for a large learning curve trying to listen in south FL.

Mozilla

I-95 traffic

For the most part FHP is the patrol on I-95 ..the troops from Miami up are Troop E and Troop L .... Your best bet is to enter all the control channels listed and the talkgroups listed under the E and L groups. Realize however thta E covers all the way to the Keys and L up to Fort Pierce so you will hear some traffice beyond just Broward and Dade

Kevinbb

PSAP-Retired
Premium Subscriber
FHP STATEWIDE

Can the Florida Highway Patrol system be monitored by a scanner at all ?

I have a BC250 with digital card installed. Will a Pro 96 purchase help or will it matter? I realize there is no more VHF in the FHP and the Tnpk is on UHF- thanx

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
You can still listen to the FHP wherever they are still using the Motorola digital trunked system, which (for now) is all of the Turnpike, and all of Southeast Florida. Outside these areas, I'm not sure what's in use by the FHP. Either the Bearcat digital scanners or the PRO-96 will work okay.

The only UHF still in use on the Turnpike is the tow trucks, which use 453.575 and 453.625.

Status
Not open for further replies.