I am exteremely new and want to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony324

Hi. I just learned about this site while browsing for a Police Scanner app on the Android market. There was a comment that pointed me over to this site about 3 days ago. After that i have had a strong interest for radios. I am planning on saving up for one and i dont know what i should get. I know little to nothing about radios and thats why i have came to this forum for some help!

elk2370bruce

It would help if we knew where you lived so the appropriate bands and modalities can be studied before not providing you with an equally vague response or guesstimates to your question. What types of transmissions are you interested in? Are there digital systems in your listening area? What trunked systems (and types) are there? You may first wish to go to the RR database (top of the page here) and look up your state/county/local information as a beginning point of your learning curve. One radio does not fit all needs. Take a look at the WIKI sections (also here) for some solid beginner guidance. Armed with some fore-knowledge, we'd be able to provide you with better answers.

anthony324

I have looked that stuff up and i didnt find much. I guess i didnt look well. If anyone else wants to help me look i live in Houston Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.