I am having a real problem with myWS1065, 10A21 Cable

wisconsinjimmy

Premium Subscriber
I have tried Win500 and Butel program for this scanner and I can not upload or download to or from the radio I get this message that I have some kind of lock turned on in Device Manager. Here in Polk county, there is not much happening but could someone point me to the state patrol for Polk County I have no problem with doing the programming manually.

laidback

RailFanning is a way of Life
Premium Subscriber
Go into device manager and verify "com port"
Also have you installed driver?

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

wisconsinjimmy

Premium Subscriber
The two towers for Polk on the WISCOM are below, the talkgroups can be found in the link at the bottom.

1 (1)060 (3C)FredericPolk139.0875c152.0375c152.1425c152.8025155.685
1 (1)082 (52)DresserPolk139.1125c151.115c152.2175c154.665155.505

I have included a screenshot of my device manager. Some years back 144.475 was an emergency channel is this still in operation as I hear MN has a freq they call L-Tach? While watching Live On Patrol I have heard communication from agencies in far Westen MN.
After I replied I opened up Win500 and I am able to control the radio with the computer, just wish there was a help menu, I do thank you as I am a perfect idiot when it comes to this programming stuff.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-29 153948 USB.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-29 153948 USB.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
If using Windows, what version? Windows 11 does not play nice with some older drivers and chip sets.

wisconsinjimmy

Premium Subscriber
I am using win10
Where do I find in Win500 where I can select a com port, I have to be careful as I am also running WSJTX and Ham Radio Deluxe.
Here is another mystery 2 to 3 times a week I have a helicopter fly darn near over the top of me going from S to N it is big and fast mostly at night I want to think it is a med chopper allso returns on the same path.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I am using win10
Where do I find in Win500 where I can select a com port, I have to be careful as I am also running WSJTX and Ham Radio Deluxe.
Here is another mystery 2 to 3 times a week I have a helicopter fly darn near over the top of me going from S to N it is big and fast mostly at night I want to think it is a med chopper allso returns on the same path.
Win 500 configuration tab drop down menu select programming cables and verify you have the correct one selected.

TAbirdman

Have you tried these steps in Win500??

1) Plug the PC/IF cable into pc and allow windows to locate and install drivers.
2) Check Device Manager for PC/IF assigned Com port
3) Open Win500_COM.exe – Select the appropriate scanner model then select OK
4) From top line Menu, choose Configuration > Serial Port > from the pull down menu choose the Com port assigned by your PC from Device Manager then select OK.
5) If you experience issue to upload / download from PC to scanner it may be necessary repeat step 4 to select Extra Write Time then select OK

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried these steps in Win500??

1) Plug the PC/IF cable into pc and allow windows to locate and install drivers.
2) Check Device Manager for PC/IF assigned Com port
3) Open Win500_COM.exe – Select the appropriate scanner model then select OK
4) From top line Menu, choose Configuration > Serial Port > from the pull down menu choose the Com port assigned by your PC from Device Manager then select OK.
5) If you experience issue to upload / download from PC to scanner it may be necessary repeat step 4 to select Extra Write Time then select OK
That's not there as described I have Win500 version 2.08

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Again look for device manager and see comm ports. Unplug and plug back in and see if windows tries to install drivers for it. If not go to whistler support and download the drivers. What version of win500 are you using?

TAbirdman

That's not there as described I have Win500 version 2.08

You have to go into the Win500 folder that is on your PC from when it was installed and look for the Win500_Com.exe file and run it. This is a separate program from the Win500.exe

wisconsinjimmy

Premium Subscriber
When I use config and ask it to search for com ports it only gives me two choices Com-1 and com-5 and tells me the com ports exist but no scanner exists. computers are over my head and for the most part all I need are a few freq Polk, Burnett also Chisago in Mn. Be nice to know what the hellicopter is that flies over on a NE direction.
Have a good day people and God Bless
Jim KD9DOG
Screenshot 2022-12-01 213616.png

TAbirdman

The PC/IF cable could be Com5. With the device manager open, unplug the PC/IF cable and the device manager will refresh and note what is missing. Then Plug the cable back in. THe screen will refresh again and show the cable. Then note the COM port # and use that in the program.

wisconsinjimmy

Premium Subscriber
Hello and let me apologize for being with no brain or wisdom, I had the cable plugged into the rear spearker jack, I have now pligged it into the correct jack and amazingly it works.
Have a Happy Holidays
I am going to melt into the drain