BCD436HP/BCD536HP: I am having trouble with my new police scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigk_54

No you don't. It makes it easy to turn on and off but on my 436 in the menu. Have you installed the sentenial software? ITS A HUGE HELP!
I copied this from another post of mine: I found the benefit of the favorite lists: For anyone reading this the bonus of the favorite lists is to be able to shut off all scanning and turn on one or multiple lists and "shut off" the full database. Comes in very handy in the 5 minutes I've figured this out. The more I discover about this scanner the more I want to dispose of all previous scanners!
Ok here is my dummy diary of the favorite deal, (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but this has worked for me). I used the sentential software (the butel software isn't needed with this scanner IMO) and set up favorite lists for different areas near me. Now if something is going on and I just want to listen to certain channels I go menu>set scan selection>select lists to monitors>then turn on/off the lists you want to listen to. It's come in real handy since I figured it out! My lists are fairly small so it scans very fast on them hence hearing only what I want

kd7eir

Can you make me a file for Buncombe County North Carolina ? and send it through my email

What are you interested in hearing in Buncombe county?
I have a favorites list of Buncombe County Public Safety with quick keys for fire, ems, and sheriff. Will that work for you?

http://www.kd7eir.com/Buncombe_County.hpe

Buncombe County is favorite list 1
Buncombe County Public Safety is system quick key 1
Buncombe EMS is department quick key 1
Buncombe Fire is department quick key 2
Buncombe Sheriff is department quick key 3

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Instead of clicking on the link normally, right click, then use "save target as" to save the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.