I am looking for someone in the mitchell area

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabiker

That would like to talk about scanning and issues having to do with scanners. i have a 996xt and a 396t and a home patrol. i need some help setting up my 996xt and my 396t and then with the home patrol. I can read this stuff all day on the forums but for some reason i am not setting something up right. I use freescan for software.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
What problems are you having?

Another option you could do is post your file here, and we could all take a look.

(For ease, save the file to your desktop, then right click on it and choose "send to" then "Zip". (A new zipped folder should appear) After that you can attach it to a post.)

dabiker

well it seems like i have to add all the sites in order to get the talk groups and do that all over in the next system in order to get the next set of tgid with in the 200 or 500. I was wondering if you can get the whole state of south dakota on the 396t. I can zip it up and then ill try to post it but i struggle just to figure out how to use a forum.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I believe I understand your question.

What you will want to do is set up multiple systems (1 for each county basically) and remember a county's TGIDs don't need to go on another county's system.

An Example:

Minnehaha Cty.
Minn. Cty. TGIDs
Souix City TGIDs
Statewide Interop
Minn Fire
Etc.

Pennington Cty.
Penn Cty. TGIDs
Rapid City TGIDs
Statewide Interop
Penn Fire
Etc.

Does that make sense to you? Basically think of each site as it's own system in the 396t.

And to make it a little easier, remember freescan will allow you to copy and paste a group. (Click the group, then right click, choose copy then click the system you want to paste it to, and right click, and choose paste.)

Last edited:

dabiker

i can send ya two files that i am using right now . I looked all over this forum for a place to add them and i cant find it send me a private message with a email address and ill get it off to ya.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
When you click reply look/scroll down, under "submit reply" it says "additional options" and then you see "manage attachments"

but for ease, I'll pm you an email addr.

dirky8713

Feed Provider
Are you still looking? I am in Mitchell and have all the digital plus antilog frequencies for the area in a file that i could send to you if you would like, its for ARCXT, if you have that program for the 396t

airbear21200

Premium Subscriber
Scanning SD

With all the talk groups for State and Counties on the State Trunked System, what I did to fit everything I wanted was to build three systems. One for eastern SD counties, one for western SD counties and one for all the State talk groups. Then for the counties I was particularly interested in I built systems for each county for their local channels. All were imported into Freescan from RR. With my 996XT, i also have GPS capabilities so the "sites" lock in and out as I travel through. I have a file just for SD that I dump in about 40 miles east of the state line on I-90. For my 396XT, I dont have the GPS, so I just use the sites that are near Rapid. I still make one system for the State Tg's and another for Pennington and the surrounding counties. Then individual county systems for Pennington and surrounding local channels.

dabiker

yes i could still use the help with programing. i don't have arc software and cant afford to buy it at this point in time. pm me if you would like to chat sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.