I am new to much of this, what has happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friendly

I am new to much of this, what has happened to the Allentown Police frequencies? We have heard nothing for several days now only EMS and some other services.

Friendly

Several years ago I picked up a Tennelec Program

Several years ago I picked up a Tennelec Memoryscan Programmable Radio at the Leesport Farmers Market. They included the original book so I could program the posted Frequency's into the radio.

This is what I did for 5 years now then it stopped this week I believe. I get the EMS or other agencies.

I am not sure what you mean by the thing you asked me about.

This was fun and I paid almost nothing for it so if they have changed I will probably just let it go now.

Two years ago I was up late and heard the gun shots. A immigrant was shot at Poplar and Union and I heard it happen. Soon the police were on the scene. Then we had the shooting at Poplar and Spring Garden and lately at Phillies Steak Shop. Living in center city every day something was going on.

Many did not believe me when I said we have at least one but usually more HIT and RUNS daily in Allentown, but I hear them. The same with assaults, stolen cars etc. Allentown is in some serious trouble with crime. Then when the police mentioned what ethnic group that was almost always the same group, there too no one wants to believe you. BUT THEN IT HITS THEM!!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Friendly, welcome.

To start, let's make sure scannists local to you spot your need for help. Go to the User CP (which is in the blue toolbar under the thread title) and enter your location data (county/state is fine) under Your Profile and Edit Your Details.

Allentown and Lehigh Valley are defined in our database, and you can find it here (anything in blue is a link of one kind or another, both here and in the wiki)...

Lehigh County, Pennsylvania (PA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

If you go to the bottom of the page, you will find Allentown's trunk system link. Don't be concerned if you don't understand everything here as yet - floating your mouse over a column title will bring up a small balloon with an explanation - just bookmark it for now. We're going to get you started.

Go to the upper right under the Scanner Master ad, and in the blue toolbar underneath, float your mouse over Wiki then select Wiki home When you click on that, you will see a section called Links for Beginners. In order, I would read the Scanning 101, Scanning Q&A and Trunking Basics articles. There is also an online Glossary - I'd bookmark that for future ref. It contains definitions of most every term you will see on RR.

Further down on the right, in the Popular Topics area, there's a link called Analog Trunktrackers. Click on that, and it will show numerous models of scanners, most of which can handle the Allentown system (there are a few there that can't - the BC895, PRO-2050, PRO-90...). Happily, these radios are nowhere near as expensive as their digital counterparts, and if all you are interested in is the Lehigh Valley area, they will do nicely. You will need to decide whether you would want to be able to control, log and record using the PC - some scanners can do this, others cannot due to firmware restrictions

That should be enough to get you started...73 (best regards) Mike

Last edited:

Friendly

I thank you very much, it is greatly appreciated

I thank you very much, it is greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.