I am new to this hobby.Cant find local police just county.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb18

I am on Texarkana Arkansas and Texarkana Texas State Line.Thanks for the help.Miller county and bowie county.Thanks

JoeyC

You don't state which local police you are looking for. Both those counties have law enforcement listed in their county listings. If you are talking about a feed, you are SOL until someone puts one up.

bb18

I have these I cant find the city police.The people at radio shack say they went digital.I dont know where to look for the digital frequencies.I have a pro 106.Thanks for any help.

bb18

New PRO 106.Will not pick up city police.

Should I keep it or sale it I have been told you can not pick up city police because they went digital and you can not get the frequencies.Thanks

bb18

I can put the 800 frequencies in it but the ones below it how do put those in?Is it the dec?Thanks.

ad5kl

Premium Subscriber
You'll want to use the Rebanded frequencies. The others will be phased out if they haven't been already.

The numbers below the frequencies are the Talkgroup ID's which you should be able to easily enter, you can find instructions online for your scanner model. Or better yet use a free program like Freescan. Software used depends on what scanner model you have.

I use Freescan & can import frequencies automatically from Radio Reference database with a single click.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It should be noted that FreeScan doesn't work with the object oriented scanners, but ARC500, Win500 and PSREdit500 all do. You can these links, and some additional information (both ARC500 and Win500 have user guides linked here) at this page...

Object Oriented Scanner Software - The RadioReference Wiki

All 3 can use the web service to download data, and I'm pretty sure they will set the custom table for rebanding if the system is already flagged for it.

best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.